What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andy's pearls of wisdom

Now that does take skill to make it work.
Some bodges are far more complex than just ordering the correct part and fitting it.

Now that does take skill to make it work.
Some bodges are far more complex than just ordering the correct part and fitting it.

That's what blows my mind about some folks thought process. Lets go the ultimate difficulty route, no matter what! Haha.

I remember a complex system of rods used to operate the flippers. It was a masterclass in engineering, must have taken ages to do.
Will see if I can find it and put it up on here.

I remember a complex system of rods used to operate the flippers. It was a masterclass in engineering, must have taken ages to do.
Will see if I can find it and put it up on here.

Now that would be a sight. Bring on them piccies!!!

There's actually a PC fan tie wrapped to the capacitors - I never knew caps could get so hot :cuckoo:

I keep expecting to find a pic of someone who actually uses ice to cool the boards down. :rofl:

You just know someone has done it....somewhere....haha.

Dry ice ?
Would be cool on a Elvira game to have dry ice cascading down the backbox and running down the playfield.
Would also keep the machine cool.

There's that Israeli guy over on pinside creating the fog machine/CO2 blast in the face. I'm watching his progress closely.

Dry ice is best , it falls to the floor and put a chill down your spine when it touches you.
Tried to get one off Jamie B but they were a little to expensive.

Its basically just frozen carbon dioxide. CO2 extinguisher into a tea towel creates some nice chunks but NEVER try to pick it up or you lose skin!

used by some nutters to re-charge soda stream gas bottles. Head cases i tell ya... Just go to Argos and exchange for £7 ffs!! :D

used by some nutters to re-charge soda stream gas bottles. Head cases i tell ya... Just go to Argos and exchange for £7 ffs!! :D

You can also get it from piercing those small CO2 capsules that are used in many airguns into a towel. ;)

There are loads of reason to re-charge your own sodastream bottles, the main reason being they changes the design of the cap so you had to buy a new machine which many didn't want to. The other being the cost of a recharge on a home rig which was far cheaper and safe if done with all the right connectors.
I won't go into the third reason as is covers the boundaries or political and religious.

I have to admit that the blown fuse, soldered to a new fuse holder is an idea I have used. I bought some RCD's as A13 was constantly blowing fuses and they didn't some with any connectors and I didn't want them flapping about. :oops:

This is something I had to share, someone ingeniously cut a hole in the bottom of the cabinet so they could replace some of the light bulbs (they didn't realise you could lift the playfield). It has been repaired now, but is still evident.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom