What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alice Cooper

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Spooky have announced their latest pin as Alice Cooper

In two minds about this. One of my fave bands of all time but I've been less than impressed with the Spooky Games I've seen so far. I would have loved for Stern to have made one.

Anyone actually played any of their other 3 games? Are they as bland as they look?

They are a bit basic and code is yet to be anything special.

500 Alice Copper - one model so they won't be hard to buy down the road.

And no School's out for Summer.

Shame but kind of what I suspected. It could be such a good theme (as could Scooby Doo) but toys etc take cash to develop.

Artwork is pretty dreadful. Alice is one of those bands/artists who always seem to get duff artwork. The Damned are another one. Every time I see them at a gig I want to buy a shirt but can't stand the images used.

I managed to have a few games on Americas Most Haunted while on holiday last year. I was initially excited when I saw it as I am sure not many are in the wild, however, after playing left feeling underwhelmed. I wasn’t sure whether this was due to my average playing abilities or the game itself. The layout is pretty straightforward and I quite liked the artwork but not a lot was really happening with the rules.

Another dud theme from spooky...*sighs*

They should bang out that Total Annihilation game instead.

I guess they are going with what they like, not with what everyone else likes ( they have long banged on about Alice Cooper on their podcast ). I'm sure they'll sell out, plenty of AC fans around ( somewhere, I don't know any ) but I was hoping for a more appealing theme ( to me! ) this time.

I guess if you are only making a limited run of games then you don't need to worry about a theme that will reach a mass audience, just one that connects with enough people to sell 500 machines. Theme wise it's spot on for me (beats the hell out of Domino's Pizza anyway). Game play-wise I doubt it will be much better than the other ones they've released so sadly I doubt I'll be buying

i have played rob zombie and it does not do anything for me
they are also a nightmare to deal with you would have to sort out your own shipping and i am not sure if they are ce certified

Reactions: JT.
i have played rob zombie and it does not do anything for me
they are also a nightmare to deal with you would have to sort out your own shipping and i am not sure if they are ce certified

They are only selling in USA at the moment.

Last edited:
I thought it was really good , the only thing I didn't quite like was the upper playfield it didn't have any feeling when you hit that clown dude and just felt a bit meh!!
The build of it , the light show toys and pace was pretty awesome :)
Wouldn't personally want one , but if it's your thing it's pretty good .

Well, teaser video.

The screen graphics are way better than RZ .

Looking forward to the reveal.

Will play this at Texas pinball festival - I think Scott Denesi working with spooky has made a lot of difference - particularly on the code and ability to upgrade front. Upgrading any spooky machine was a real nightmare - so I think that limited code updates. I like RZ, its simple and quite fast and challenging latest code is superb on it.

Like the Cartoon LCD.

This could be a great game but lets see how it plays and then code.

Anyone else interested?

a6bc5e6fb9aafe61428b0eea9616f916f2b1a5dd.png.jpg

Theme is ideal for me

Hoping the layout is good their other machines have been rather sparse

Part of me wonders if I’m being blinded by the theme. Is there really any chance of the code being as good as if it came from a larger firm?

I like the art work, looks cool, hate the act, was never into pantomime acts like kiss, him, the damned, osmonds, although kisses version of god gave rock n roll to you is on my phones playlist, and I loved sweet when I was a kid and still love earlier Bowie, so what do I know.....
Looks great if plays well would be on my radar

Oh and edited the post as though I put the osmands on as a joke, love crazy horses to this day

Theme is ideal for me

Hoping the layout is good their other machines have been rather sparse

Part of me wonders if I’m being blinded by the theme. Is there really any chance of the code being as good as if it came from a larger firm?
That would be my biggest worry - the code. Although Ben Heck has apparently done a nice set of Gauntlet type rooms where you collect stuff and then defeat monsters.

Neil, we await your gameplay video;)

Just watching the SDTM guys vid. Game looks cool man, love the animations, very cool magnet save between the flippers and the castle itself has a very Castle Grayskull vibe.

Back
Top Bottom