What's new

Addams , balls stuck in swamp

Sorry forgot to say exactly what is happening - when I lock the first ball in the swamp , fine new ball releases from trough , when I lock the second ball in the swamp , either directly or through the thing , the game goes into search mode , even though there is a ball in the trough , after it has searched 2or 3 times , it kicks the 2balls out of the swamp so you end up with a sort of false multiball , also if after the second ball is locked in the swamp and I manually take the ball out of the trough and lock that in the swamp ( 3balls locked in swamp ) the game just goes on searching for the balls , any ideas please

Hi Lee

First step would be to check all the switches in the swamp. If one isn't working the machine won't know the ball is there. Visually check the switches for broken wires, missing or stuck/jammed acctuator arms etc. Go into Test mode and activate the switches to see if they are registering.

Do you have the manual ? If not you can access it here

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/20/Bally_1992_The_Addams_Family_Manual.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks , I have checked all switches in the swamp and they all test fine in test mode ! Unfortunately I am going back to work abroad for a month but please keep the possible fixes coming and I can have a good go at fixing the problem when I get back next year , p.s. Hope everyone has a good Christmas , and new year , I may not be able to post or reply while I am away due to poor wi fi , so my apologies in advance

Its not uncommon with TAF for the balls to hang up in the swamp and not roll properly into position on switches. Feed the balls to the swamp as if in gameplay and see if they are getting hung up.

Some people even install one of these to prevent the issue

http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-swamp-accelerator.html
Thanks , it looks as though the balls are going in there properly , like I said they come out of there , it is only when you lock them , could it be some sort of software error on the board ?

Thanks , it looks as though the balls are going in there properly , like I said they come out of there , it is only when you lock them , could it be some sort of software error on the board ?

Unlikely a software error.

I still think its a switch issue. When you ran the switch test did you test using balls and playfield down ? Or just manually activating switch by hand.

As Grizz said, this looks to me like a switch issue. The game isnt registering the second ball in the swamp so is going into ball search. Given that the switch works when you activate it by hand i'd bet that a quick bend of the activation wire will see it working again.

As Grizz said, this looks to me like a switch issue. The game isnt registering the second ball in the swamp so is going into ball search. Given that the switch works when you activate it by hand i'd bet that a quick bend of the activation wire will see it working again.
thanks , ive got all sorts of switches on order that will be there when i get home so hopefully i can sort that . what do you think about the dmd problem , that is in a differant thread , cheers Lee

Hi,

Was this all you had to do?
Thanks , I got home today and tested all switches by using the balls , middle switch nort closing with ball in place , quick bend of the wire and hey presto , all working sound , thanks again
Lee

I'm seeing a similar thing, but getting 3 balls kicked out and all my hardwork to get near the real multiball gets cleared! I blame Thing.

I'm creating a separate post for posterity, but will act on the advice in this thread tomorrow afternoon/evening.

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...3-balls-in-play-not-official-multiball.11714/

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom