What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day at the Office Tournament

Thank you again to everyone for coming - and to @Hiltoncriss for hosting! What a fantastic day.

Here are my personal highlights from the day:
  • David "I hate Whitewater" Bowery getting the Wizard mode on Whitewater on his first ball
  • Ethan Campbell offering a 20p bounty if they could beat Greg Mott on any game - I wonder, did @Andypc get his 20p?
  • Whitewater resetting because it couldn't handle Jupiter Hadley's amazing game (I think she was on 300m or so when it reset)
  • A tiebreaker game on NBA Fastbreak - Nick Hamill against George Boudi (age 5). I never expected that!
  • My final game on Fish Tales, up against Gene Aw, Dan Lewell and Jupiter - I managed to get Monster Fish, video mode, the multi ball jackpot and Rock the Boat and very nearly caught Gene's score up. I've never played Fish Tales so well in my LIFE (though sadly was only good enough to make 2nd) 😂
  • The final was SO TENSE - in round 3, both Greg and Paul were tied for 1st and Gene and Pete tied for 2nd. There was everything to play for and you could hear a pin drop on the final Batman: The Dark Knight game!
  • Pete Bennett coming 3rd in his first ever pinball competition - he didn't know anything about the community, just heard about the Pinball Office through Facebook and has been coming each week since it opened to the public. Incredible result! (I hope his wife was pleased!)
The U16 results - these were super close with just 1 point between Effie and Pheobe!
1. Sofia Boudi
2. Effie Lewell
3. Pheobe Lewell
4. George Boudi
5. Ethan Campbell

Full standings - I'll be submitting to the IFPA shortly:
1. Greg Mott
2. Paul Woollard
3. Pete Bennett
4. Gene Aw
5. Alan Adair
6. Owen Lloyd
7. Brad Attwood; Rayne Passmore
9. David Bowery
10. Roy Smith; Nick Hamill
12. Matt Peck
13. Andy Brock; Andy Campbell
15. Conrad Chambers
16. Armen Lloyd; Andrew Saunders; Alfie Adair
18. Dan Lewell
20. Steven Dale; Jupiter Hadley
22. Cristian Boudi; Sofia Boudi (U16)
24. Lee Parkin
25. Claire Lickman
26. Reece Powell
27. Effie Lewell (U16); Jim King
29. Phoebe Lewell (U16)
30. George Boudi (U16)
31. Ben Leigh; Dann Sullivan
33. Ethan Campbell (U16)

I have added photos to a Google album here, if anyone would like to contribute: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bC6CqAFh86x9d1HL6

Best wishes,
Claire
I offered Gene £10 to pull Greg’s trousers down during the final,

I just wanted to add my thanks to all involved yesterday.

Really well organised by @Lecari , assisted by @David_Vi.

Great venue and such good condition machines - particularly the fact that all the older ones are equally as top notch as the newer ones - @Hiltoncriss and his helpers really do a wonderful job with them all. Much respect for @Hiltoncriss in creating the venue with such a range of interesting and several uncommonly seen ones, and allowing people in to play on them all.

Well played to all who took part, and it was great to see so many juniors and new players enjoying themselves.

Congratulations to all the winners.

...and the final bonus was a complete lack of traffic on the way there, and also going home.

Great day, and I for one am certainly looking forward to the next event there - hopefully it will be in the not too distant future!

Yesterday was lovely! Absolutely fantastic!

A BIG Thank You for spending your Sunday between Pinball lovers.

Everyone was super friendly and together we created an amazing atmosphere. I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.

Thank you again! 🙏

Special thanks to Claire @Lecari for organising the event. You done an amazing job!

Congratulations to the winners.

Greg @robotgreg, your skills are mind blowing.

F83BEC69-3684-4DDC-816C-27492713273E.jpeg

Well done Andy @Andypc for daring to defeat Greg! Well played on Diner! At least someone had the courage to do it!

Paul @PAX finishing right after Greg it’s a big achievement. Well done mate!

DB6EEC68-848F-48A1-9CD8-2997EF25C11B.jpeg

Pete is the only guy that never missed a Saturday at the Pinball Office since I’ve opened it. I see that it paid off. Well impressed with his play. He was the only player outside the forum. I’m sure that this will change now.

B81F9C8C-0D27-4472-AEE7-226E777DBC04.jpeg

Amazing to see 5 kids at the tournament. Well done all of you. Without you, this sport will be dead in 20-30 years. We need you kiddies!

C2FA6AD4-DA89-48D8-863D-7F8008AE679B.jpeg

A Super Special Thank You to my dear friends Alan @Happypin and his brother Alfie. Without them, probably the club wouldn’t be open anymore. They helped me every week with issues that overwhelmed me considering that I had to fix them till next Saturday for every machine to be available to play. I remember fixing difficult to find issues that took us hours to spot. The worst was when I had 7 pins down. We managed to fix all of them in a single day. And some issues weren’t easy to find.
Thank you so much my dear friends. 🤗
And yes! Well done Alan for finishing on the 5th place.

A3194F7C-179F-4A84-8A17-85A1509273E3.jpeg

Thank you to everyone that attended the event, unfortunately there wasn’t time to chat with all of you and I really hope to meet you all during the next events.

Well done!

Till next time,
Chris

Last edited:
Yesterday was lovely! Absolutely fantastic!

A BIG Thank You for spending your Sunday between Pinball lovers.

Everyone was super friendly and together we created an amazing atmosphere. I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.

Thank you again! 🙏

Special thanks to Claire @Lecari for organising the event. You done an amazing job!

Congratulations to the winners.

Greg @robotgreg, your skills are mind blowing.

View attachment 165975

Well done Andy @Andypc for daring to defeat Greg! Well played on Diner! At least someone had the courage to do it!

Paul @PAX finishing right after Greg it’s a big achievement. Well done mate!

View attachment 165976

Pete is the only guy that never missed a Saturday at the Pinball Office since I’ve opened it. I see that it paid off. Well impressed with his play. He was the only player outside the forum. I’m sure that this will change now.

View attachment 165977

Amazing to see 5 kids at the tournament. Well done all of you. Without you, this sport will dead in 20-30 years. We need you kiddies!

View attachment 165987

A Super Special Thank You to my dear friends Alan @Happypin and his brother Alfie. Without them, probably the club wouldn’t be open anymore. They helped me every week with issues that overwhelmed me considering that I had to fix them till next Saturday so every machine to be available to play. I remember fixing difficult to find issues that took us hours to find. The worst was when I had 7 pins down. We managed to fix all of them in a single day. And some issues weren’t easy to find.
Thank you so much my dear friends. 🤗
And yes! Well done Alan finishing on the 5th place.

View attachment 165978

Thank you to everyone that attended the event, unfortunately there wasn’t time to chat with all of you and I really hope to meet you all during the next events.

Well done!

Till next time,
Chris
Chris
Me and my brother Alfie love what you are achieving, your collection is amazing which you share with everyone. We love being your helpers. May this continue for as long as possible.

From me and Alfie Thank You to every single person that took part, it was the perfect day.

Hi all, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just returned a positive Covid test. I'm hoping it wasn't from the event on Sunday, and that I maybe picked it up from work, but might be an idea to get yourselves tested as well. I had a negative result before travelling to the comp, but between then and now it has become positive.
Stay safe everyone

Hi all, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I've just returned a positive Covid test. I'm hoping it wasn't from the event on Sunday, and that I maybe picked it up from work, but might be an idea to get yourselves tested as well. I had a negative result before travelling to the comp, but between then and now it has become positive.
Stay safe everyone
I also woke up yesterday feeling like Shiite,
still do
got all the symptoms, but have tested negative, so just a hideous cold

Damn sorry to hear! I hope it wasn't the event but you never know, a load of us got it from Pinball Republic a few weeks ago.
Sometimes people test negative when infact they'll test positive a day or two later.

I also woke up yesterday feeling like Shiite,
still do
got all the symptoms, but have tested negative, so just a hideous cold

It can take a few days to come through on a test.
Hopefully you're ok though

Damn sorry to hear! I hope it wasn't the event but you never know, a load of us got it from Pinball Republic a few weeks ago.
Sometimes people test negative when infact they'll test positive a day or two later.

It can take a few days to come through on a test.
Hopefully you're ok though
Yeah hopefully I got it from work and everyone else will be ok. Just had to cancel my trip to this week's league meet aswell, absolutely gutted.

Stay safe everyone
thanks for letting folks know.

I thought I’d done well, avoided it for 2 years !
Tbh Monday was the worst day, Monday night I was waking up with severe sweating, and intense headache.
But no worse than any cold I’ve ever had.

Tbh Monday was the worst day, Monday night I was waking up with severe sweating, and intense headache.

The sweating was more about thinking and wishing you'd done more with Joker multiball on Dark Knight though right bud?

I'm the same, managed to avoid it until now. I've had the headaches, runny nose, shakes and muscle aches.

To be honest though I'd rather have it now than in 3wks when I'm off to Canada. Gonna play a bit of pinball whilst out there 👍

Keep an eye on your blood o2 folks - you can get a cheap monitor of Amazon. Headache can be a lack of o2 or dehydration. This disease is too commonly waved off as minor but it’s still killing 1000 people a week Just in the UK. Rest and take it easy and don’t be one of theM; or atleast finishing sorting out the GI on all your games before you kick the bucket.

Yeah, I feel pretty good today, was a bit snotty yesterday, but getting over it already.

I'm triple jabbed and had it once already, so I think my immune system has it cracked now. :D
Interesting, a colleague who came out with me yesterday said "I bet you can't tell me someone who's had it twice and confirmed".
Implying you can only get it once.
😁

I have two friends who are young, triple jabbed and have all caught it twice.

I've been absolutely fine since Sunday though, for what it's worth.
Which is nice as I didn't fancy getting it for a second time.

Hope everyone stays OK 🙏🏻

Interesting, a colleague who came out with me yesterday said "I bet you can't tell me someone who's had it twice and confirmed".
Implying you can only get it once.
😁
Both my nephews tested positive in Dec 20' and Feb'22 @David_Vi too

From what I’ve read and seen, apparently it was extremely rare to catch the original variant twice, also delta
But omicron is infecting people who have previously had Covid
Also with this new variant, omicron ba2 ( which is probably what we have), the vaccines and boosters are having less effect

My manager has had it twice - once before Christmas and once in February. She's also been triple jabbed. And I've spoken to a few others who have had the same experience.
From what I’ve read and seen, apparently it was extremely rare to catch the original variant twice, also delta
But omicron is infecting people who have previously had Covid
Also with this new variant, omicron ba2 ( which is probably what we have), the vaccines and boosters are having less effect
This is my understanding too.

Back
Top Bottom