What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 UK Pinball Open and Classics

Moonraker

Site Supporter
The machine list for the UK Pinball Open, subject to no last minute mishaps, serviceability after the VIP evening sessions is as follows:
TNA
TWD
PM
WH2O
MM
T2
MB
JY
SS
Tron
HS2

The machine list for the UK Pinball Classics, subject to no last minute mishaps, serviceability after the VIP evening sessions is as follows:
Pink panther
The amazing Spiderman
Gorgar
Hi-deal
Firepower
Space hawks
Back to the future
Black belt
Seawitch
Fathom
Dark Shadow
Mars god of war or space ship.

Personally I'd prefer it if they were not played in VIP sessions as the last thing the competition organisers require is changing machines before the start of the day or half a dozen with their playfield's up trying to be repaired.
Plus it will give unfair advantage competitors attending the VIP sessions over those who are not able to.

PM for anyone else confused = Pinball Magic :)

Great selection that. Should be interesting!

You got to realise it’s not Europe or America so show formats can’t be the same.

A lot of people coming to the shows come to play the machines so it’s unfair to retain certain machines especially if there isn’t a second at the show

It’s somethig to discuss at the show for next years event which will be bigger and better

At least everyone now knows the games.
're advantage anyone who's been to swl before would have had an advantage , so at least now a level playing field , pretty much. Would imagine big majority of vip are in comp anyway.
Get reading up on all the rules peeps, good videos out there, especially papa site.
Good luck to all taking part

I am not in the Classics comp.

Will I get a chance to play the Seawitch on the Saturday daytime please? :)

Hmmm, I've only played two of the Open machines more than once so if they're available would be nice to get one or two games on the Friday, though I suspect I'll still be battling my son for the wooden spoon!

I think having a couple of hours playtime on them is useful to get the duff ones out of the way. If they don't last the VIP session then they wouldn't have lasted the competition.

Neil.

"Plus it will give unfair advantage competitors attending the VIP sessions over those who are not able to."

Jesus wept.

so out of an advertised 100 machines, only 75 will actually be available to the general public to play unless they have a VIP ticket and/or competing?

so out of an advertised 100 machines, only 75 will actually be available to the general public to play unless they have a VIP ticket and/or competing?

Nope look at the machine list.Anyway what's advertised before ANY pinshow and weekend reality at a pinshow always differ due to changing minds,circumstances, pre show failures etc.It clearly says show machines in list

It was well known some machines were going to comps and its 120 machines, not 100, But if 100 is not enough for people after comp machines then I don't know what would please you.
Phil you can add:

91 to 111 - Special When Lit supplied tournament machines.

"Plus it will give unfair advantage competitors attending the VIP sessions over those who are not able to."

Jesus wept.

???

lightweights for not booking out the whole weekend!

???

People seem to forgot point chasers want any advantage they can get over the next one!

As @Poibug said anyone who plays at SWL would have an advantage anywhere so why shouldn’t people get a play to figure them out as well

Seriously though what is PM?

PacMan?

Last edited:
"People seem to forgot point chasers want any advantage they can get over the next one!"

Can you imagine how much wailing and gnashing of teeth there would be if the usual faces were not in the finals?

There would be foul gossip and slander ahoy with talk of rusty balls, uneven tables, switches not working..

I think having a couple of hours playtime on them is useful to get the duff ones out of the way. If they don't last the VIP session then they wouldn't have lasted the competition.

Neil.

Exactly what I was going to say Neil, if they are going to fail then better the night before whilst still time to fix them rather than during the comp.

Not that any are going to fail as I'm sure Peter has fine tuned them to perfection :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing and playing them as at least 10 that I haven't seen or played before :)

Back
Top Bottom