What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZX Spectrum Next - Any backers out there?

I built a ZX80 (wish I still had it)
Sold it and got a ZX81 - and later got priner, ram pack and keyboard.
Sold ZX81 - Then got the 48K Spectrum. Amazing.
After that got the Jupiter Ace and programmed in Forth - never really liked it, wish I kept it as its worth a fortune now....
Sold Spectrum and (ashamidly) purchased ORIC ATMOS !!!! Which was terrible, but I kept telling myself it was better than the Spectrum when in fact it was horrid to programme after being used to Sinclairs for so long.
Discovered guitars.
Discovered playing guitars made you sexy to the oppsotie sex (well I still believe this....)
Sold my all my computer stuff and did not touch another computer until about 1993.

2020 - WISH I HAD ONE OF THESE NEXTS !!!!!

2 away from the best backer number ;)

I shoulda waited a few more minutes - just realised mine doesn't have the Pi Zero. "I'll buy one & fit it myself when it arrives" I thought, save myself a tenner. Just looked - everyone's out of stock (well, the usual suspects) - wonder why? D'oh! They'll be back in stock sometime I guess

Memories.....

I had an Atari 2600, 400 and C64. Used to trade games around the world as a small business. Been on TV a few times gaming. Very fond memories. Raid on BB was great and Bruce Lee. Too many to mention......

ZX81, Apple ][e and Europlus, ZX Spectrum 48K, Epson HX80, Epson PX-8, CBM64, Apple Lisa, Apple Macintosh, Apple //c, BBC Model B, BBC Master, Atari 520ST, Amiga A1000, CBM Amiga 500, CBM Amiga 3000, CBM Amiga 500+, CBM Amiga 4K, Sun SPARCStation IPC, Sun SPARCStation IPX, Sun SPARCStation 10, Sun SPARCStation 5, SGI Indy, Nextstation then various PC junk until Apple came back to life with OS X.

I met a guy who was an Apple dealer in Edinburgh whilst writing some code in his shop and he gave me work writing code for businesses, EPoS, Inventory systems, automated CAD systems with Robo/Bitstik and later accounting software.

Meant I could get a load of kit at good prices and earn my way to paying for them. Still got most of these in the loft somewhere. Used some of them to start my own business in the early 90s. Intel was a monster though and wiped everyone out...

The spectrum original manual was pretty good also as I recall Jom?

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at that spectrum next it looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wasn't really into consoles played games on PC. First console I bought was Dreamcast. never owned a PS1 but did get a PS2. I bought an Intellivision a few years ago as I loved the soccer game on it. fired it up and decided it was utter ****e after 5 minutes!

Ha ha. Nostalgia is a killer. As you can play pretty much any retro game online for free, there's many a time I've played a speccy or C64 online thinking that game was wicked, only to find out actually it was pretty crap.

For me half of the fun of nostalgia-digging through the old electronics and games, is finding the stuff that still holds its own today, for whatever reason... some games are simply just great no matter how old they are, and some pieces of old hardware were either always good at something in particular, or have since developed an interesting aesthetic angle to their old limitations.

Back
Top Bottom