What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZX Spectrum Next - Any backers out there?

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
I just had notification that my new ZX Spectrum Next is finally going to be devliered today :)

I had pretty much forgotten all about this project seeing as it was 3 years ago when i backed it

Pics of it later hopefully :)

Any one else in on the kickstarter and getting their machines or already got them?

I really want to make some stuff for it, but time is just spread so thin right now :)

Maybe just setup and play some games!!

My favourite on the original was r-type. An almost exact arcade conversion! the guy who programmed it wrote a short book on his journey creating it to!

The next has more power than the original so looking forward to seeing what comes out.

Yes i backed one of those too i'd written it off to be honest.

Not checked my number, but i joined later on - i wanted to see what strech goals had been hit first ;)

I want one, if only to play Stonkers once again, and skool days oh god and Alchemist ... and and and :)

I still have my Amiga, retro gaming at its best IMO.

@myPinballs Jim - I thought you were making your own spectrum remake?

Yes i did and boards are available. Mine is a remake board thats the same spec as an original 128k with a few extras like kempston joystick, better ram ic usage and scart. And it fits into an original + case. The next is a more powerful machine to begin with and is backwards compatible to older games.

That’s nice👌 Me and a few mates had Oric 1’s and were spectrum haters😂

Did have spectrum in the end as it had loads of games, loved manic minor, Commodores were my favs though.

That’s nice👌 Me and a few mates had Oric 1’s and were spectrum haters😂

Did have spectrum in the end as it had loads of games, loved manic minor, Commodores were my favs though.

Oric .... ! Unlucky - there was always one kid in class whose parents messed up :D

We had a ZX81 initially - given to us by my Dads friend who was an early home computer nut. I remember 3D Monster Maze on it, and the Flight Simulator ... incredible really on just 16K

Then at Christmas ...1983 ..... Commodore 64 ! That was it - didn't see me and my brother for a few years after that. Until girls/music/drinking pushed out computer games :D

This week I have mostly been revisiting the classic Raid On Bungeling Bay ! I don't remember it being so bloody hard

Wish my parents messed up that was paid by my Saturday milk round, they were too busy boozing😤
C64 was a game changer, happy days them. Me and my wife played that when we were at school going out.

Same boat as Poibug as I had a dragon. Still remember Donkey King was great. Other games not so much.

Always hated the BBC kids. To this day I still haven’t played Elite.

The poi of poibug comes from Commodore 64 and spectrum, due to idleness not wanting the hassle of remembering where the letters were for my name.
POI was a lot easier

The poi of poibug comes from Commodore 64 and spectrum, due to idleness not wanting the hassle of remembering where the letters were for my name.
POI was a lot easier
I think you will find that’s the same on most keyboards, apart from the french, mandarin etc

I have a ZX Spectrum and then a ZX Spectrum +2. A mate had an Amstrad with slabs of toast for "disks" that you had to use. :)

Back
Top Bottom