What's new

Your Pinball Collections

Look great Mr Replay.... would love to see them..
When they all get finished going to talk to the wife to see her feelings on a '50's day' :D She will probably do this....:rolleyes:

Beautiful line up dude :thumbs: Always fancied owner a wood rail at some point but I don't know much about them in terms of what's good or bad. I guess you had to import all of those from the States?

Yup, before dollar crashed. But VAT and shipping are a killer, especially VAT on 60 year old games:mad: As for different titles , the best era was 1950 - 1955. Best rulesets. They made about 12 titles a year.

Average run would be about a 1000 games. When looking condition is first thing - no point buying a beat up non working project for $300 and then shipping it:confused: But, it's super hard to find nice originals.

And all games have been rated and the best games are those that have nice art and are great players. It amazes me that the rulesets were so good in this era. The multiple ways to win meant players always felt they had a chance of winning so dumped more coin in.

Also they got close to gambling with 'DOUBLE' games ( put 2 coins in ) and jackpots, where if you did win, you could cash in at the bar.

That's why Gottlieb kept saying pinball was a game of skill as in some states games were collected and smashed up!

I got the play counter working on my 1955 Sweet Add A Line ( which as the biggest jackpot of all, 26 replays ) so I will see how many plays it takes to get the elusive jackpot. Might never happen!

Operators made a fortune.

Here is Elvis playing 1955 Diamond Lill, which is one of the most skill based on all as no gobble holes etc. There is a 1 in 700 chance that is my game:)

Elvis Playing Diamond Lill.jpg

You inspired me to post pic of some of my Gottliebs. This row is 1950 - 1954. They all have multiple ways to win - some games have 5 different ways to win so plenty of strategy, and not easy. I think 1950 - 1955 was a golden age for pinball . Some of the best em's ever made. Shame I am in the minority though! Nice change of pace after a kicking on TWD! Although Lovely Lucy always beats me up as it is a bit of a gobble hole nightmare:DView attachment 44876
Superb collection, beautifully displayed. Are the backglasses on the wall originals or prints and how are they fixed to the wall?

Thanks. Originals mostly but some are Shay reproduction silk screened glasses. Mirror fixings from Homebase!

I was quite happy with my single LW3 pin before I joined here. Then thought I should have 2 for a bit of variety so treated myself to the Indy, then the wife said another one would be cool so I bought Simpsons...and 2 days ago 2 more arrived! I'm sure I can squeeze another on the right end...I entirely blame this forum :p
pins.JPG

Attachments

• pins.JPG
    pins.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 22
Thanks.
Orbit 1 is in there now it just hadn't been pick up from storage at that time.
Howzat is the game that started my addiction back in '81.

Looks like space invaders. Certainly got plenty of space to fit more in there. Nice collection Toads

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I asked Stern for a Stern Army banner and was told US only!. meanies. anyone with more than 5 Sterns should get one BY RIGHT LOL

Dr Who departed recently so had a reshuffle on the east side of the GrizZ Shack today. White Water finally up and running again after way too long ...ColorDMD fitted today also ... and Night Moves moved out of the house and in beside my Mame cab for my 80s corner :D

Still got too many pins tombstoned on the other side but I'll deal with that another day :rolleyes:

P1020213.JPG P1020224.JPG

Back
Top Bottom