What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinions please...

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
I've just finished restoring the main cabinet on my Revenge From Mars. Decided to put some custom mirrors on the sides.

It hasn't turned out quite as well as I expected, and starting to think it looks a bit... poop! What do you think? Should I keep them or return to black wood?

farm9.staticflickr.com_8699_16228557443_49c563521d_c.jpg

Personal choice. Black wood for me. If you sell, a buyer may prefer originality too

I just removed some naff brick print sticker thing from the back of my shadow. Previous guy used bloody glue as the self adhesive wasn't enough.

Had to remove back panel, strip down, orbital sand, spray black.

Right, thanks fellas. Spent ages filling, and sanding, and filling, and sanding those sides until the wood was smooth as glass but the mirror film still looks pants. So it's coming off.

Think I will put the game back together first though just to see what it could have looked like.

Last edited:
Update on this. The ripples have settled down a little today, and tomorrow I'm gonna attack it with a heat gun to see if I can get it even smoother.

If the results are good, they'll be staying. If not, they're definitely getting ripped out.

Initial impression is the mirror looks dimpled/wrinkly. Assuming you've used a self-adhesive film and not mirror-polished stainless steel? I'd say it's Amy Winehouse time...

Initial impression is the mirror looks dimpled/wrinkly. Assuming you've used a self-adhesive film and not mirror-polished stainless steel? I'd say it's Amy Winehouse time...

It's not a self adhesive chrome vinyl, as I would agree that looks total poop! I used a theatrical mirror film which is usually stretched over a frame and then heated to shrink it. Result is a perfect mirror without any of the weight.

The dimples have come out considerably but I'm still on the fence with it. Will wait until I've built the rest of the game and then take another look.

Back
Top Bottom