What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress You wait all day for a Moon Flight......

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
And then two turn up at once!!!! :D

Picked this up from @chris b today and it looks to be a great project. I need to get Creech finished so won't be starting on this properly for a few weeks but here's a few pics of it. The entire cab is covered in a wood effect vinyl so I ripped a bit off to see what's underneath. Looks like the cab had been repainted by an operator in their livery before it got covered up :)

Structurally the cab is in great shape and the backglass is great. The playfield has a bit of insert wear (but in great shape for a game that was made in 1976) and the plastics are good too :thumbs:

Currently you can't play a game and all that it seems to do is light up the backbox so first job is to get it fully working before I start looking at cleaning it all up and repainting the cab.

IMG_4399.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

Always love Zacarria art. Thought this would make a nice game as helped Chris pick them up. Must be right on the edge of being solid state to

looking forward to seeing this one finished bit disappointed to see the cab has been re painted and it doesn't work

No worries mate :thumbs: It'll work after a bit of switch cleaning and adjusting and I was going to repaint the cab anyway...I just need to figure out how to make some stencils without the original art to go off :)

No worries mate :thumbs: It'll work after a bit of switch cleaning and adjusting and I was going to repaint the cab anyway...I just need to figure out how to make some stencils without the original art to go off :)
I'm sure you'll do a great job on the cabinet Chris, just like you did on the FG.

I managed to get a few games on this after I picked it up yesterday but it has a few issues,and now the cab is fully revealed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 23
Looks like it's up to DFD to work his magic on this baby.
Looking forward to seeing this happen.

Yep she's not out the woods yet still poorly but has now spluttered in to life!!!!! Dnt think the game had worked in years.

Strip of pf has begun but not going mad with the restore I think get it working and a good clean will do and leave as is ,no need to shine n polish within an inch of its life,nice to see its battle scars....oh and the rubbers are for sale only 40yrs old and one previous owner :eek::rofl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 12
Today spent the morning trying to get the residual glue left on cab from the vinyl covering that was on it........ Holy fook very hard work...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 15
Ok went for the insert repair

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 26
Moon Flight is an amazing game, I was looking for one when I picked up my Ski Jump, being a Zac fan and a 60's Sci Fi geek it was the perfect combination lol.
Looks great buddy

Back
Top Bottom