What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You do not want to see this...

If that is woodworm in the cabinet then keep it away from any other games you've got! @Biff can tell you stories about how much fun it is to sort that out :rofl:

I got one about 4 years ago that had had visitors. Do read up on them, no quick fixes I am afraid. They must have damp wood to reproduce. The one I had had no new signs of worm but I treated it as live. I injected every hole with killer. I then painted it all with killer. I repeated this three time over three years. The last treatment was some stuff to stop then digesting wood - which starved them. Never seen any new evidence, would be tricky to spot though. But if there are any left, they won’t stay or will die and be unable to reproduce. Never the less i wont be moving it on for a few years, until I am sure they are gone. The best thing is not to keep them in the damp. Believe it or not that is the single most important thing you can do to stop spread.

The machine has been dried thoroughly. This is very old action. The dust was from me stripping it down..

No current action but I will be cutting out the worst affected areas completely and fully treating it as you did.

I’ve treated common beetle before in property restoration so have access to the good stuff ?

There is a fix that my dad came up with involving an old working microwave an extension lead a metal sheet and a reasonable amount of space.

After years of working with old furniture he came to the conclusion that off the shelf fixes are not great and the old stuff he used to use requires a licence.

Take the door off the microwave and lay it on its back with the opening facing up.

Locate the microwave source and install the metal sheet in such a way as to reflect the microwaves up out the door hole.

Position some scrap wood over the door hole and turn the microwave on from a distance using the extension lead. Keep your distance whilst it is on.

After a minute or two turn the microwave off and inspect the scrap wood to see where the microwaves have heated the wood. This is your effective area and anything organic will be dead.

Test timings so you can cook the living whilst not damaging the wood. Rinse and repeat untill all the affected area is treated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom