What's new

Year You Bought Your First Pinball Machine ?

Year You Bought Your First Pinball Machine

• Total voters

DRD

Registered
Given the sharp rise in prices over the past couple of years, I thought this might yield interesting data ....

From memory I think it was late 2004 - a really nice TZ my dad bought for around £1400 when I was 18. The start of an obsession.

Bought my first game in 2006. At the time there were loads on eBay. £500 would get you a DMD game. £1k a TAF/TZ etc. I remember seeing websites selling new games for 3-4 grand and wondering who would be stupid enough to spend that much. 😱

There again a house was about a million quid cheaper as well so I guess it’s all relative. Shame my pay hasn’t increased at the same rate…..

Late 90’s I went to a massive old warehouse in Portsmouth with that damp arcade smell full of machines and bought 2 vectors, Xenon and a Dr Who all for hundreds of pounds.
Didn't have a clue what I was doing so grabbed what I could.

Bought a Williams Flash for £150 from the Tynemouth Plaza (which has since been demolished) and it escalated from there.
(I went back and managed to get Barracora, Mr & Mrs Pacman for £100 each and Centaur for £50 :eek: )

2013 street fighter , 700 quid had it loaded in the van when I asked for the keys then the seller said oh wait I have to empty the cash box , looks like it had about 150 quid in, gutted 😢

Circa 2006... Wh2o... £600

Sold it when i got a TZ in a few years later.... Worst decision i ever made (Other than getting married the second time!!)...

RS 2.9k
BR 1.8K (I think 🥴)
Bought within the same week so I count them both as my first

I think i take top spot (for naivety at least):
Stern Star Trek Pro from Liberty Games £6,595 August 2017.

Swiftly followed by the £5k Paragon in Oct 2017. (£2.5k to buy, £2.5k to Fedex USA to UK in 36 hrs door to door).😂

I was really pleased with both until I joined this forum a few months later 😢

Who cares, it’s only pinball tokens.

My first pin was a Shadow for £700 in 1996 soon followed by a TZ in 1997 (£600, still have it today). Got from a collector called Cai Remrod who rented out a council squash court to store and play his pins. Cai was a great guy, drove to my house in Northampton on XMas eve to fix a fault on the Shadow as I did not know what I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom