What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X Files cabinet fault!

Cmor111

Registered
Having trouble with X Files, any help would be greatly appreciated.

When starting a game it starts in multi ball. Pressing the start button fires a ball into the shooter lane, the launch coil fires automatically and this starts the multiball for some reason.

I've tried unplugging all the cabinet opto's and this doesn't stop it so any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Starts with 1 ball but cabinet is in lower position ready for multiball (dmd advertising multiball) waiting for you to get ball into the cabinet before starting multiball.

That's funny! An x files has appeared at my place! Not sure on your fault though Chris I guess you will need to test the opto,s in switch test maybe?

Done all that Ronnie, all seem to be working fine when testing.

You don't like to enjoy your games do you Ronnie you've only just finished Dr Who, or you prefer fixing to playing?

Must be missing something Chris, maybe a cold solder on one of the sensors?

X files is still folded up and all the dirty work has been done by previous owner I just need to sort the board, Dw is getting some playing now but as always a couple of niggles to sort out on it.

Ronnie

Sounds like I'll need to strip out the cabinet opto board, that looks like it could be fun.

I'll give it a go and I'll get back to you tomorrow with an update on the opto board.

Attachments

• 20160918_171325.mp4
    18.8 MB · Views: 16
My Money is on a short or a stuck switch.....

Why would the opto's in the trough cause multiball to start - These would only be an issue surely if it cant register the number of balls in there..

My Money is on a short or a stuck switch.....

Why would the opto's in the trough cause multiball to start - These would only be an issue surely if it cant register the number of balls in there..
Paul, I was thinking about the opto's in the filing cabinet, there's 3 used for the 3 positions of the cabinet. But thanks for your thoughts and I'll try checking them out tomorrow.

Fault finally fixed, thanks to a better man than me!

So thanks to everyone who offered advice. But unfortunately it was all down to a very simple fault (me :hmm:)! I had done a factory reset on it and the settings where set to easy so the filing cabinet started in multi ball position.

I'll remember this for the future and it'll be here for anyone else who may suffer as I have and looked for a fault that wasn't there!

The joys of learning about pinball fault finding or fault making!!!

Back
Top Bottom