What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF?

For those of us that never watch live TV any more, can you fill me in on what I missed?

Sorry Geoff. It's a secret reserved strictly for people that do occasionally watch live TV. :p

OK. It was a program called Some Vicars Telling Jokes. And...... Well, it was a bunch of real vicars telling jokes for 30 minutes. :hmm:

Good to see the licence fee being spent wisely.

Also, the guy that comes up with the titles deserves a raise after that belter.

No I can't tell if it is worth tracking down or not because that review makes me think you were not amused.

I was bemused more than amused. Although some of the gags were so bad they ended up being funny. And some of the vicars were clearly nutters.

Watched 90seconds of it (off the back of that Horizon about being allergic to Ginger kids) before defiantly switching the TV off. Proper off, not just standby.

I love me some Father Ted, but this was definitely not Father Ted.

Or Rev.

Maybe the BBC programming commissioner was that desperate he/she used some of Alan Partridge's ideas. Here's hoping for Monkey tennis and youth hosteling with Chris Eubank by Christmas. It'd melt the iplayer with high demand.

BBC really does put out some right ****e these days.

Probably because it has no money left due to this:

I'm glad I haven't paid my licence fee for nearly 12 months now, I only watch catch-up TV so I declared I don't watch live TV and therefore don't have to pay it.

I'd miss the BBC service if it went (Radio, Music, Sport, website is massive, News, kids TV, food, natural history etc for £12per month), but i agree they've let programming quality slip - mainly due to repeated internal cost saving measures. There's only so many times you can introduce/enforce cost savings before it all falls apart. I'd say we are about 3.5yrs from that happening. I must declare an interest here - i work for the BBC; it's all my fault, and i WILL find the programme commissioner and sarcastically thank them for the Vicar programme... But let's not turn this into BBC/license fee debate - the government enforce it, not the BBC. The Daily Mail hates it, but they also hate every living organism (from foreign countries).

Last edited:
You can still listen to radio and you can watch anything you want on iPlayer, I don't miss not seeing all the (bad) news and there's something called the internet for that anyway :)

I don't necessarily have a problem with paying the TV licence. But it definitely felt better value a few years ago. I just think that there is a hell of a lot of crap on TV these days. Not just BBC. But that program last night was pure barrel scrapage. Still better than Big Brother, TOWIE, any Simon Cowell production etc etc. (The list of crap is endless!)

I still pay my TV licence, but my TV hasn't been switched on for the last two months! As has already been said, too much bad news and rubbish on the box these days.
No need to switch it on anyway when there's also three pinball machines in the same room too... :)

Now you have all made me want to go and watch it.
Did someone mention Father Ted, now that was proper telly. Surely we should be able to say S hite in honour of that fine show?

Mrs Doyle: There's always time for a nice cup of tea. Sure, didn't the Lord himself pause for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world.
Father Ted: No, he didn't, Mrs Doyle!
Mrs Doyle: Well, whatever the equivalent they had for tea in those days, cake or something. And speaking of cake, I have cake!
[holds up a cupcake]
Father Ted: No, thanks, Mrs Doyle.
Mrs Doyle: Are you sure, Father? There's cocaine in it!
Father Ted: WHAT?
Mrs Doyle: Oh, no, not cocaine. God, what am I on about. No, what d'you call them. Raisins.

I'm glad I haven't paid my licence fee for nearly 12 months now, I only watch catch-up TV so I declared I don't watch live TV and therefore don't have to pay it.

Your "TV" license is actually for the tuners in your equipment rather than the TV itself ironically. So long as the catch-up TV is not recorded from TV broadcasts received via your arial/ satellite/ cable provider you should be ok (last time I checked) :)

I detuned my TV and just used it for watching DVDs for a few years a while back. Had some interesting conversations with the guys from the TVLA, or rather the goons they sub-contracted to from Capita, but all worked out ok.

Also its enforced by capita not the government.

That's the one, which is a load of rubbish too as radio 2 has already paid the PRS to play the music :mad:

That's the one, which is a load of rubbish too as radio 2 has already paid the PRS to play the music :mad:
too right,already had some dealings with these bast#'ds, the daft thing is that you need a prs if there is more than 1 person in the factory ,but if you park your van in the factory and use the van radio you don`t, all the radio stations have already paid millions to them, all to pay some spivs in a posh london office

Back
Top Bottom