What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPPR Suspended!

Tilt_Birmingham

Site Supporter
Alias
Kirk
Hi all.

This is advance notice that following consultation with the various Country Directors the IFPA plans to cease awarding WPPR points with immediate effect and until further notice due to the Coronavirus.

The IFPA doesn't want to be seen to be bringing groups together to play in tournaments and leagues when such groupings could directly lead to spreading of the virus.

The IFPA obviously can't prevent pinball meetings happening, but such meetings won't earn WPPRs and won't count towards any IFPA series such as the UKCS or ECS.

I also expect WPPR points decay to be frozen, so the standings as they are today will stay the same until the freeze is over.

I hope that's a useful heads-up. Feel free to circulate amongst other UK players and TDs.

Cheers,

Martin.

Makes complete sense and I fully support it.

Clearly the UK League meetings are going to get anywhere near completed in time for Pinfest - so the finals are likely to be latter end of the year, to give time for people to get the meets in once the 'curfew' is over.

are you saying the league finals won’t be at pinfest?

Happy to host them at my place or at flip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

are you saying the league finals won’t be at pinfest?

Happy to host them at my place or at flip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the offer.

I think Pinfest is the next pinball gathering we are likely to see, I think Swavesey will come too soon for us to be out of isolation measures.
If that is the case we will need time to allow people to get the regional meetings in.
Once things become clearer I'll be speaking to all of the other regional co-ordinators to come up with a plan.

We are yet to hold the Finals in Scotland or Ireland ;)

Back
Top Bottom