What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wpc transformer voltages and replacement

BallyWilliams suck

Registered
10 Years
Hi all.

Needed to find a wpc transformer, and ended up using the one from my test rig. However, finding a replacement seems to be difficult.
As it’s just for testing, I’m wondering if anyone knows the output ratings of the transformer? I may make one up from multiple sources (eg, pc supply for 5v, 12v, etc) but could do with knowing what each output is rated for amps wise.

I appreciate the transformer outputs are ac, but can easily use a dc supply for some voltages just to get it going. My main concern is the voltages for the coils. I’ve no idea what sort of rating I’d need to cover the load.

Anyone? Thank you.

You could have a dud one rewound , I had one done for a jukebox and it was not expensive

Not for the immediate future however homepin are hopefully making new ones soon. There’s a thread about somewhere with the details

The one I got done was smaller but multi tap it was £75 by a retired engineer , I would guess 150 maybe!

Hi all.

Needed to find a wpc transformer, and ended up using the one from my test rig. However, finding a replacement seems to be difficult.
As it’s just for testing, I’m wondering if anyone knows the output ratings of the transformer? I may make one up from multiple sources (eg, pc supply for 5v, 12v, etc) but could do with knowing what each output is rated for amps wise.

I appreciate the transformer outputs are ac, but can easily use a dc supply for some voltages just to get it going. My main concern is the voltages for the coils. I’ve no idea what sort of rating I’d need to cover the load.

Anyone? Thank you.
check the coil circuit fuses. that will tell you a max current draw for the 52v coil circuit.

As its for a test rig could a transformer from a sega baywatch be adapted. £150 plus postage and I have wiring looms plus backbox bridge rectifiers and the big blue capacitors if you also need those.

I have a few transformers from Bally Williams pins somewhere and I’ll come across them some point as im clearing out all my old spares. One was from a WPC game and the other a WPC95. I scrapped these pins for spares way back when.

We just finished building our test fixture for the new dual voltage WMS transformers. They are now ready to test and will be shipping out within a month. Instructions and a list of machines they will suit can be downloaded here:
homepin.com/kits/wmstx.pdf
Basically, these will suit any Bally/Williams pinball machine that has a DMD. It won't suit any 'tables' as they are flat things you eat your meals on!

A short video demo is on the FB page for those with FB: facebook.com/Homepin.Factory

87799.jpg87798.jpg87800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom