What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC flasher voltage (LED strip)

Durzel

Registered
Bit of a random one this.. I have a blue LED strip attached to the side of the auto-kicker lane on my TZ, and this is connected up to the flasher by the rocket so it flashes when that does.

3 of the LEDs have stopped working, so I'm looking to replace the whole strip. From reading online though the WPC flasher voltage is 20v? Is it even possible to get 20v LED strips, or is this likely a 12v one that is being overdriven for very short periods?

Last edited:
Your flashers are ac as are most if not all of your lamps on your table, your strip is likely to be dc so is incompatible with that circuit without a rectifier or driver in line.
unless of course you can get an ac strip at 12v.

Scrap that, the ac is the GI and therefore the dc is correct for your strip. I find that a cheap quality strip will fail much quicker than a a branded strip.

Im currently testing an opto isolated circuit from the Getaway flashers to 5v trigger for an Ardunio, this should work to a 5v or 12v strip

Back
Top Bottom