What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC-89 mpu board

Max

Site Supporter
Alias
Max
Hey peeps,
So, I managed to send the 70v feed into the switch matrix on my white water. The machine wasn’t on, I touched a coil lug with the screwdriver while also touching a switch, I know - I’m an idiot! I now have a permanent row 1 ground short error, even while all switch wiring is disconnected.. u20 and possibly others dead on the mpu board I’m sure.

I will be sending the board for repair but in the meantime I’m going to buy a replacement/spare. I’m aware of the pinsound and pinled alternatives but I would like to keep everything as standard as possible, I saw this:

Does anyone have experience of these, good or bad?

Cheers
Max

Whereas I’d avoid rottendog power supplies like the plague, I’ve had no issues with the rottendog cpus and have used many over the years. Having said that I’m currently favouring pinsound replacements.

Your cpu repair will likely be inexpensive and if I was repairing it, it would be most likely turned around same day.

Thanks Andy, I think I need my eyes testing, I didn’t spot it was rotten dog..
I’ll get mine sent over for you to sort :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom