What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! WOZ

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hey gang

With Maiden sold I’m looking for a bit of JJP goodness. Something where a monster doesn’t tear a ball out of his bloody chest when you earn an extra ball and give the kids knightmares 😬.

I’m kind of in talks with the guy off eBay for his but the whole lamp boards thing worries me a little. Maybe I’m overthinking it!! I dunno.

Anyways if you have a Woz you’d like to sell, I could well be your man.

Thanks all
Gaz

I read all the scare stories on pinside but spoke to Adie at length about the problems he had before I got his (few harness and board changes)
Since it has been setup it has only once shown weird flickering lights shortly after it arrived so I put it down to transporting it here.
Thankfully after speaking to Phil P.H. on how to remedy and find the problem I only had to reseat a harness and it’s been faultless ever since. Fingers crossed
It is probably the most beautiful Pinball I have ever owned bar none and I’ve had around 50-60 different pins over a 20yr period.
Family friendly is an understatement and for friends visiting it’s their goto pin time and time again.
You will not be disappointed it’s a hellova lot of pin for the money :thumbs:

Oh forgot to add I loved it so much I almost bought an Emerald City edition a couple of weeks ago as I had a buyer lined up for mine but sadly the sale kinda fell through. :(

Thanks Collywobbles, I don’t mind taking the risk on the boards thing as long as I get it at the right price and they are readily available. Any idea what an early addition woz is worth? I think the 2.0 board set is gonna run you about a grand, so I think I’d want to be in the £4500 range on that eBay WOZ..

I would be amazed if you get one for £4500! But good luck with finding one for anywhere near that price. I managed to get mine which is a standard one at a bargain 5k and I jumped on it as soon as it was listed on here.
Even at 6k it’s one hell of a fully loaded pin IMO and even though mine is a few years old now it still looks like new and has been played 10x more than our IM Premium which is 5 weeks old and the PF looks like a dart board!
Not everyone may agree with me but I think if you can get a good used JJP and look after it the price will hold its own against stern pros and any classic ball/will pin.
Along with my hobbit the 2 pins that shine for looks and quality in my lineup are the JJP ones and also the go to pins for everyone one visiting here.

Good luck with your search you won’t regret your purchase at whatever it costs

I would be amazed if you get one for £4500! But good luck with finding one for anywhere near that price. I managed to get mine which is a standard one at a bargain 5k and I jumped on it as soon as it was listed on here.
Even at 6k it’s one hell of a fully loaded pin IMO and even though mine is a few years old now it still looks like new and has been played 10x more than our IM Premium which is 5 weeks old and the PF looks like a dart board!
Not everyone may agree with me but I think if you can get a good used JJP and look after it the price will hold its own against stern pros and any classic ball/will pin.
Along with my hobbit the 2 pins that shine for looks and quality in my lineup are the JJP ones and also the go to pins for everyone one visiting here.

Agree with that , anyone that comes over here goes to TH and then when I turn on Aero the reaction is “ this looks like a toy “ and “ wow that must be super cheap compared to Hobbit “
Try then explaining and it’s lost , I don’t understand it either lol

Did the standard you bought have upgraded boards though? Or are you still on originals

The first run of WOZ’s had poorly designed lamp boards which commonly fail. Depending on the size of the board these can be anything from £200 upwards to replace. Apparently they will inevitably fail at some point. Just a case of when.
For example, a friend of mine on here sold his ECLE without issue to someone on this forum. Soon after he sold it the lamp boards began to fail and he had to pay almost a £1k to replace them.
So in essence, there is nothing wrong with the boards on the woz on eBay. They work fine. But they are a time bomb and I want to know how easy andexpensive it will be to replace them if they fail.

Last edited:
Mine is not one of the very 1st batch but later down the line so maybe that’s why I have had no problems. I think the boards are version 1.6 but I’d have to lift the PF to verify.
I’m not even sure if they are a Time Bomb as you say as I read the very large thread on pinside and although some did have problems the majority didn’t and considering the amount of WOZ sold Its probs a small percentage.
Either way it didn’t put me off and apart from a small glitch soon after receiving it’s been played everyday multiple times and zero issues. Maybe I was lucky or maybe there’s just a few dodgy earlier ones.
BTW after speaking to Phil regarding this issue he put my mind at rest as it sounded like the harnesses that connect the boards were the bigger problem and not the boards but I have yet to replace anything at all.
Phil did say he usually stocks the harnesses but don’t quote me on that as he’s the guy to speak to.
My advice if unsure and funds permit up your budget and look for a later one just to put your mind at rest.
Oh if it all goes to **** just blame me and feel free to ring me up and vent your anger! I’m far long in the tooth and thick skinned with it so happy to help where I can hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha Collywobbles. Don’t worry if it breaks it breaks. And because it’s me, it WILL break. That’s just what happens to me.
I’m in talks with the eBay guy so hopefully we can do a deal.

Not sure how willing he is for a courier though which is stumbling block!! Hopefully I can pursudade him.

Not sure if it helps but just lifted the PF and my boards are version 1.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi iv got the 7.5 boards in my RRLE a late Dec 2016 version, just had to replace the WOZ6 board and recently a few of the smaller boards. It’s a pain when they go as a lot of the lights go out. Fantastic game, but I am seriously considering buying the new upgrade 2.0 boards.

Interesting Simon, thanks for that. So RRLE is not immune from the problem either.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much was a replacement board and how easy was it to acquire?

I got mine from a guy in LA on the Pinside forum, he was an operator and had 2 RRLES on site, and was fed up of replacing them.
He charged me $100 I also bought a few of the smaller ones just for spares to make it worth his while I made the order up to €200.
JJP have them on their site the WOZ6 board
would cost €200 the smaller ones I think €30
or €40 roughly plus the postage.

Those boards can’t be that bad as he has had it from new and never had an issue with the machine from day one and I know he is a very fussy guy

Yeah that’s fair enough Chris. The pinside scaremongering doesn’t help. I’m sure they’ll be fine and if they’re not.......... they’re not!!

You know if you are worried about the led boards on a woz don’t buy one if you are worried about a node board on a spike game don’t buy one
If not buy and enjoy and take the risk

That’s exactly the attitude I had, it really is a cracking game and a beautiful pin.

i had to replace 2 of the small ones last year, mine is 273/1000 but since then and otherwise has been flawless. dont let it put you off as they wernt very much, easy to do and much cheaper than a node board, much thanks to phil p. its a great game for both non pinheads to enjoy and challenging to advanced players- even I havent managed to get to somewhere over the rainbow yet...anyone on here beat me to it?

Thank you all very much for your contributions. I have pulled the trigger on the eBay one. Here’s hoping!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom