What's new

Woz

I'd be looking for around £5500 if anyone was interested. I'll make a proper ad if I do actually need to sell it. It's this or my bike

Sorry to hear it Jon:(

Can't you wangle an extension on the Mortgage for the extra 5 grand? Sure you'd be gutted to lose it before the code is finished. Does the new place have lots more pin room?

I'd be looking for around £5500 if anyone was interested. I'll make a proper ad if I do actually need to sell it. It's this or my bike

That's a tough decision and one I've had to make before.

a, Which one do you use the most
b, Which one gives you more pleasure
c, Which one will be easiest to replace if you find yourself in a better position in the future
d, Which one will lose you the most money if you sell it now

Either way, good luck with the move.

It's a bigger house so more scope for a games room in the future :)

My bike has lots of mods whereas Woz is standard and can be re bought further down the line (which I genuinely would cos I love it). Id be looking for something cheaper to go in its place, a Shadow or CFTBL again. If we can tart our house up enough when we sell it to get close to what I paid then I won't have to flog anything hopefully!

If it comes to the slam it will be up for sale or trade
dude that's probably your best option imo. you bought it at rock bottom price, put loads of time and money into it, and now can reasonably claim mid range price for it (top range will always be reserved, no matter how many hours is put into a restoration, to the games that have been only played a few times and so the playfield looks tasty). if i was you, i'd take it to the slam and put on it £1600 ONO and your phone number. i bet within a few hours you'd get a few replies, some saying 1600 wtf and some saying i'll offer you 500 for this pos, but a few sensible ones in the middle offering 1000 or 1200 or 1300 or even 1400 you never know. anyone offers 1500 you bite his arm off.

Agree. Games priced sensibly at Shows tend to sell. A bunch of mine may well be up for grabs come Slam time.

Sorry for OTing this thread.

All mine we be for sale at the slam on the Sunday ;)

House now up for sale so depending on the offers we get, this may still need to go :( . Final code out tomorrow too! Would be looking at a quick sale at £5k.

Unless bank of mam and dad come to the rescue!

Very sad to hear Jonathan. The idea that you would need to sell either your pin or you bike is something I can really sympathies with.
I echo what Steve said, sell the one you don't use as much or gives you as much pleasure. Assuming one of them is something you can't live without.
:(

If I can get a loan outside of the mortgage Ill still be keeping it. It's all dependent on how much we get for our house I suppose. I know it's not for everyone but it's genuinely my favourite machine out of all the ones I've had. Once you learn the rules it's easily up there with LOTR/TSPP in terms of depth

Sometimes I just don't get Jack's business acumen. I just read a thread on Pinside where he posted a few days ago that second hand owners of WOZ are excluded from warranty. Not sure if this is the case in the UK? Maybe it is the same with Stern but Jack just lost a load of support with something like 58 thumbs down on Pinside:eek: Ok, it's only Pinside but not sure this was one of his smarter moves.. Bit of a popcorn thread:D

'The company has a policy. In this case a factory warranty that has a value, or not, depending on who buys the game.

We just want to make potential buyers aware that it does not apply to unauthorized dealers or second hand owners.

We are very supportive of the secondary market and beyond. We will support anything we build but at a cost out of warranty.'

I was about to say the same.....

If you read the small print on virtually every warranty you get with a new product, it comes with the magic words "Not transferable"... Which basically means the warranty is with the original owner only. Yes it sucks, however that's the way of the world nowadays :(

If you have the original receipt in your posession then it's hard for the shop to argue, however if you have had something delivered, then they have a record of the delivery address, and so they may be able to prove that it's not the original owner (the address of the original owner may have changed, however the name should remain the same mostly...)

So, fairly standard stuff then. Bit dippy of Jack highlighting it in a FS thread though!

I see the final version (2.0?) was released over the weekend. So it's finally, finally, finally finished... :eek:

So, fairly standard stuff then. Bit dippy of Jack highlighting it in a FS thread though!
He was basically saying games bought outside of authorized distributors wouldn't be covered. Ie. people flipping games. I think there's been a disagreement between Jack and Bene over something or other.

Code is indeed finished. I'm sure the odd update to fix bugs etc. will be out, but the core code is finished. It's pretty amazing tbf, and has taken 3 guys 18-24 months to finish. The light shows and call outs put a smile on your face. Every time you play:)

Watch this video and then tell me that this game doesn't break new ground with its video, lighting and code :D

You get big points up the middle(2 shots)but you also have

Left orbit
Right orbit
Wicked witch
Rainbow Targets
Crystal ball
Throne room
HOATD behind the flippers
Haunted forest

Plenty to aim for

Back
Top Bottom