What's new

Woz

Fair enough, perhaps that player in the vid was going for points. To be fair I've only played it a few times and certainly not with the newest code. Looks pretty though!

Have you played the finished code? Not sure how you can say it has little substance. Deepest rules in history

:) far from it. Just a strange comment to make for a game it's taken 3 guys, 2 years to code

Plus never said " little substance" it's just always lacked it the game play due to lack of code,I'm sure that has been brought forward now with new code

It's definitely a game that you need to know the rules on. Not really any good for a 5 minute flip like wh2o or similar

I'm looking forward to playing the finished item too, and agree with Pudsey and Potter that it looks very pretty. Here's hoping The Hobbit ticks all the boxes.

So how long before I can buy one for 2.5k? 18 months? 2 years?
Are you just trying to get @jonathan wound up by devaluing his machine. :cool:
I don't see this game getting that low, people waited a long time and paid a lot of money for a premium title where they liked the theme. I get the feeling that it is less likely to have gone into pubs/arcades than other recent titles so I expect most went into home ownership. I think the price will be more resilient than Stern titles so do not expect it to drop that low in a long time, maybe never if its appeal lasts long enough.

It's rare that a new machine goes up in value. Tron LE/BIBLE/Black SM off the top of my head. Avengers, XMen, Avatar, Transformers etc. all gone down in price.

Woz was never going to be 'rare', they're making as many as they can sell. They are selling of around $7k ish in the states, which is still a little over the $6500 RRP. But harder to tell what they are going for over here. There's a standard been in eBay for a fair while at £5400. LE should be more desirable for the extras but its a pretty niche theme

Are you just trying to get @jonathan wound up by devaluing his machine. :cool:
I don't see this game getting that low, people waited a long time and paid a lot of money for a premium title where they liked the theme. I get the feeling that it is less likely to have gone into pubs/arcades than other recent titles so I expect most went into home ownership. I think the price will be more resilient than Stern titles so do not expect it to drop that low in a long time, maybe never if its appeal lasts long enough.

It will be interesting to see as it hardly that uncommon, a bit of a marmite table and the honeymoon period is ending.

But I agree, I was taking the pi$$ a bit :p

But harder to tell what they are going for over here. There's a standard been in eBay for a fair while at £5400. LE should be more desirable for the extras but its a pretty niche theme

I'd buy a WoZ LE @ £4500, I'm lower than most on values generally but that's my "would buy to play" price.

That's a standard apron thus standard machine. And yes they put a limited number sticker on a standard machine.
Why ?????????

Isnt the topper from an LE ? Havent been following WOZ that closely

The wooden apron just sits on top of the standard metal one so could have been removed (I think the wooden one looks wrong)

Now I think about it I dont think it had green legs ether, now im going to have to go back and check it again :cool:

Had a couple of games, still havent a clue what im doing (might be more me than it though)

--------------------
Edit.

Just been reading the woz flyer that is lying on my desk (no idea where it came from) the pictures show a non LE with the xxx of 1000 plate...

Still its a woz on site.

Also just noticed the forum now highlights abbreviations and hovering on them let you know what they are, im hoping thats a new feature ?? otherwise im totally losing it as i never noticed it before

Last edited:
Definitely a standard. Standard topper, legs, apron etc.

A few basic rules to get you started

Munchkin Modes - light all rainbow targets then hit the ramp. Get the required loops round the playfield to start a munchkin mode

ECMB - hit the character rollovers to light full name. Then hit ramp to lock ball. Do this for all 3 characters to start multiball

Crystal Ball modes - light all 4 'BALL' targets. Hit the crystal ball

Haunted forest, wicked witch, throne room and castle playfield modes are a little more complicated.

The real fun starts when you get 3 or 4 modes going at once and try to keep 5 balls in play whilst using both upper playfields at the same time :)

v3.0 released yesterday. Pretty amazing stuff code wise. Anyone in my neck of the woods is welcome to a few games and a rules walk through :)

Back
Top Bottom