What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold WOZ ultimate lighting spares.

Pablo-UK

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul
I have just fitted the WOZ 2.0 light kit and have all of the old boards for sale as spares for your WOZ
The reason I made the jump was that my GI had some funky coloured LEDs when they should have been white.
When I swapped out the individual board with a good one it was OK.

The boards are the 75.v version from standard machine 742/1000

I have decided to list the boards and cables I know were OK when I made the swap

See below I have all of the Big WOZ 1 - 10 boards which were working fully when removed

Individual LED boards for the lens inserts again all working when removed.

All the data cables I didnt damage during removal

And a bag of all the GI boards which I believe some are ok some NG.

£250 plus postage I think is a fair price considering the price of the big boards from JJP.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
There was no mention of this when i ordered.

Did anyone else know they had to return old boards. Nothing on invoice and theres nothing on JJP parts web site

Can’t say I was aware either. My boards were purchased as backups should mine ever fail so they may never be needed.

If the original boards are unreliable for whatever reason then they should have done a recall and exchanged foc.
Bad enough you have do the swop let alone pay for the ‘upgrade’ and then return your boards etc

Isn't Phil's point about exchanges under PH/JJP warranty? Or some type of subsidised exchange? (still a lot of cash for subsidised!)

This doesn't appear to be one of those.

If the original boards are unreliable for whatever reason then they should have done a recall and exchanged foc.
Bad enough you have do the swop let alone pay for the ‘upgrade’ and then return your boards etc

Chance would be a fine thing, this is the main reason I gave up on Woz when I had one as just felt so bad having to spend a lot of money on 3 of the big light boards.
JJP said in a email they knew about the fault, this was a few years ago and they did a modification on the boards and changed the voltage from 5v to 7.5v which they said helped, but even 7.5v boards failed.
Machine was over a year old and I was the 3rd owner, but even so I would of expected them to send some free replacements.

I have the buffered 7.5v and none of mine have failed. I do think it’s unacceptable for JJP to charge for this. The reason why I didn’t buy them. What is the actual part that fails and can they not be fixed.

I have the buffered 7.5v and none of mine have failed. I do think it’s unacceptable for JJP to charge for this. The reason why I didn’t buy them. What is the actual part that fails and can they not be fixed.

The driver IC fails on the board, I managed to fix one, but not worth the stress.
If I had a woz now I would snap these used boards up as I spent £500 on just 3 big boards and a few of the little ones.
Sooner or later you will need some.

Is it ok to replace one original board with a 2.0 board or do you have to replace them all

Is it ok to replace one original board with a 2.0 board or do you have to replace them all

I bet they are a different design which is why they sell the complete kit, I dont even know if they still loop from one to the other, or does each one now have its own data feed ?

I bet they are a different design which is why they sell the complete kit, I dont even know if they still loop from one to the other, or does each one now have its own data feed ?

You can't just drop in one of the new boards.
Its a complete install you have to remove the whole lighting power and data cables then install the new system including a new power supply & drilling the play field to secure the new boards. this also includes removing all of the mini play fields quite a big job to complete.

Back
Top Bottom