What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WoZ Help Please

County1883

Registered
Hi Guys.

My WoZ screen is playing up and goes all green and crashes during a game, quite randomly.

I have no idea how to resolve but JJP asked me to test the machine with another monitor.

Can anyone help please? Will happily pay for someones time to diagnose and fix. I am based in Cheadle, Stockport.

Thanks

Have you tried reseating the cables both ends? It’s simple to do but you do need to undo all this bolts holding the monitor in which is a pain.

It depends I think on how old a woz you have. Mine was no 20 something so it was an older one and the cable was buried.
Those bolts are a pain to get back in. Just don’t tighten any until they’re all in. Then tighten them all up

OK so I have managed to remove most of the screws aside from a couple which have been bored out! I have ordered some screw removers and then will revert back once I have reset the cables!!

Thanks guys

So. Reseated the cables and the screen issue seems to have now gone - yay!

However, seem to have another problem now. At a random time during the game the winged monkey "noise" seems to activate and won't stop. The monkey stays in place but the noise it makes when it activates triggers and just continues. Its not even when the winged monkey is supposed to trigger.

Any ideas? I'm slowly losing my patience with JJP and WoZ and thats whats putting me off GnR

However, seem to have another problem now. At a random time during the game the winged monkey "noise" seems to activate and won't stop. The monkey stays in place but the noise it makes when it activates triggers and just continues. Its not even when the winged monkey is supposed to trigger.

Any ideas? I'm slowly losing my patience with JJP and WoZ and thats whats putting me off GnR
Maybe part of the reason they removed the monkey on the newer machines.
my woz never missed a beat I sold it to a friend who upgraded to V2 lights then I bought it back and moved in again to another m8 and it has been flawless.
maybe I got a peach

Does the monkey move up and down the shaft thing properly?

It does when it triggers. However this noise happens randomly when the ball and magnet are not anywhere near.

I would lightly lubricate the shaft with either oil or grease.
Mine was noisy and slow prior to lubricating.

Back
Top Bottom