What's new

Would this cause a reset

Very very unlikely. As above J115 is the GI, if it's a WPC game (which it looks like).

TBH there's probably more singed GI connectors out there than unburnt ones!

Are you getting a blank screen reset , or a hashed screen reset with noise ?

So you have a ghost switch. Look at the switch matrix and find the two switches that form the other two corners of the square formed by the switch that you touch and the slam switch. If either of these is on then a miss wiring of the diode , or a crushed diode or other short at either switch will cause the phantom slam.

Investigate further in switch test mode. Look for the combination of events that cause slam to activate. Try different ball lock combinations etc, activate the green switch, shake the machine a little, something must activate the slam switch.

I have spare stand up targets shall I just replace it and see if that works thanks

I always find it better to diagnose the problem before diving in with a repair. There's little to go wrong with a switch except diode mid -wiring or shorts. Check how the wiring and diode are arranged compared to a non-problem switch. As these frequently break chances are they've been replaced at some stage , so a source for possible wiring error. If you 're not sure post some good photos of both lock switches from a few angles.

I always find it better to diagnose the problem before diving in with a repair. There's little to go wrong with a switch except diode mid -wiring or shorts. Check how the wiring and diode are arranged compared to a non-problem switch. As these frequently break chances are they've been replaced at some stage , so a source for possible wiring error. If you 're not sure post some good photos of both lock switches from a few angles.
Ok thanks I will post some pics tomorrow the pin is at my parents house and I have just gone back to my house

Back
Top Bottom