What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Workshop (Garage) insulation

Cyber activities are part of normal crime.

It is less likely that someone physically at your premises is going to have hacked you before or during the break-in, to steal your asset. Especially, when a good old crowbar can be as effective and used by more people.
But if you are targeted because they want what you have, then organised crime is using hacking techniques.

I look at all security as a way to slow someone down. The more they want it, the more time and money they will spend to get it.
Wi-Fi enabled security is as good as it was tested and how it was fitted. Same as physical locks.

Agree with Geoff, you basically want to make your own place look harder than next door to rip off :D If you are crazy like I am you have the odd other surprise for the crooks :D

Often though its the basics, door or window left open, Keys left in a place thats easy to hook them etc.

just make sure you are sensible about what you plug into your network and you will be fine. But the bigger oppo for the bad guys is your own personal security online. Anything that has significant personal details or can cost you money I only use website with two factor auth.

My own devices on the network have 2FA, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, UK Government for me personally and for other business stuff, Ring, Paypal even Nintendo and load of others. I am also trying to get companies to STOP using SMS/text as a method of 2FA as its not good enough from a security POV (SMS is 20 years old).

I recommend a separate VLAN for any type or weird device (plug, bulb, thermostat, pinball machine (! seriously this) and ensuring that stupid **** like UPNP are turned off. Not worried? Here is a dump from my IDS at home over the _24_ hours of script kiddies trying to hack:

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 12.21.59.png

The yellow dots are attempts at well know crap or simple probes/scans. The grey ones are inbound things that look suspicious but the IDS can't signature them and the red one is some numb nuts trying to use the recent log4j. The day that exploit came out I had about 40 different attempts on my network at home with it.

I wouldn't bother personally. My garage has been insulated by a previous owner. No idea what the specs are. The walls are insulated and the ceiling is boarded. In the 12 months I've lived here I've discovered that there are rats or mice living behind the insulated walls and there is also a massive angry wasps nest somewhere inaccessible in the roof void. I do a bit of DIY out there with the door open. I think I'd just buy an industrial space heater if it became too cold.

Can anyone recommend a make/model of an Industrial space heater? needs to be electrical, single phase

Can anyone recommend a make/model of an Industrial space heater? needs to be electrical, single phase
iv been using this to top my garage up from 10 degrees to 15 or so when out there (whilst wait for radiator to be installed)

Tiny little thing but packs a punch! heats the 5x5m space in about 10min

Bought these little WiFi temperature sensors to track garage.

Saying 14 today with no heating in there at the moment not even had heater on today in there so bit warmer in there then I thought with no radiator.

Humidity looks a little high though! Humidifier should arrive tomorrow see if I can fix that :)

8F479CDE-7A5D-4F69-8255-910847389159.png

Back
Top Bottom