What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Workbench

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
20170212_230533.jpg
20170212_230544.jpg
20170212_230559.jpg

Just gauging interest at the moment.

I have built myself a workbench/table/soldering station for use when working on and under the playfield.
As you can see, when placed over the table it provides a horizontal surface to work from, place nuts, screws, bolts etc. as well as tools you are using. It has beading along the long sides to stop items from rolling off, but open at the ends so small fiddly items can be slid off the end.

This fits perfectly on standard sized tables, being perfectly horizontal on Stern tables. I am working on an adaptor to allow it to be horizontal on older games. As can be seen from the last picture it also stands horizontal on a flat surface (meaning I can now solder on the dining room table without fear of burning it!)

£30 with attached soldering iron holder - £25 without holder.

PM me if you are interested.

Elvis is leaving in the next week - It was only a short term stop off. Having got to Graceland on first ball (true first ball without extras) I don't see it having the long term appeal I need.
Avatar is coming in it's place for a short time.

Completed Avatar a few times now ,but have not worked out how to get the extra ball yet ,:hmm:
Super game very underrated I think :)

I will probably be interested in one of these Wayne once I get the last of the shîte thrown out that I need to get rid of.

Before I go and buy more timber, as I underestimated the demand for this, just wanted to know if anyone else wants one of these?

I am a definite Wayne. This will be a godsend when I have no ramshackle drawers to precariously perch my tool on. :rolleyes:

Completed Avatar a few times now ,but have not worked out how to get the extra ball yet ,:hmm:
Super game very underrated I think :)
Only way to get extra ball lit on Avatar is a random award from Eywa - bit of a poor element on an otherwise good (and underrated) game.
I've just bought the ColorDMD for mine - wasn't sure when I saw it on the net, but fitted on the game it looks great

Before I go and buy more timber, as I underestimated the demand for this, just wanted to know if anyone else wants one of these?
I'll take one of these please mate. Absolutely sick of resting nuts all over the machine and then having to send out a search party for them. Don't need mr.soldering station though.

Spec.PNG

I have decided to take follow Stern's marketing strategy and produce 3 standards of workbench. The Pro, the Prem and the Limited Edition :D

The Pro

Pro.jpg

The Prem
Prem.jpg

The Limited Edition

LE.jpg

(The custom plaque will obviously not be hand written with a marker pen, rather it will be burnt on using a pyrography set)

Im
View attachment 42577
I have decided to take follow Stern's marketing strategy and produce 3 standards of workbench. The Pro, the Prem and the Limited Edition :D

The Pro

View attachment 42578

The PremView attachment 42580

The Limited Edition

View attachment 42583

(The custom plaque will obviously not be hand written with a marker pen, rather it will be burnt on using a pyrography set)
I'm going to need upgrading to the LE unless you're planning on bringing out a super LE!?

Seriosuly i do need that dog bowl in mine though. ;)

I'd like a Pro please Wayne.

Can I make a suggestion ?
If you have a router can you rout some ball sized dimples along the top edge so that we can put the balls on there and stop them rolling off the lockdown bar of an adjacent game ? :thumbs:

If you have a router can you rout some ball sized dimples along the top edge so that we can put the balls on there and stop them rolling off the lockdown bar of an adjacent game

Unfortunately I don't have a router. All of these are made by hand.
As I have found to my detriment. I'm currently at work waiting to go into surgery to have a splinter removed from my thumb. Yes a f@*king splinter. None of the sisters were willing to try and remove it as it is so deep and there is none of it accessible. 3 different surgeons have looked at it and the consensus is that it needs a nerve block putting in, before making an incision into my thumb to get in deep enough to remove it.

I think I managed to sand all of the blood off the bench I was actually making when I did it.:eek:

The next question would be how many dimples would be needed? There'll be someone complaining that they own an A13! :p

Unfortunately I don't have a router. All of these are made by hand.
As I have found to my detriment. I'm currently at work waiting to go into surgery to have a splinter removed from my thumb. Yes a f@*king splinter. None of the sisters were willing to try and remove it as it is so deep and there is none of it accessible. 3 different surgeons have looked at it and the consensus is that it needs a nerve block putting in, before making an incision into my thumb to get in deep enough to remove it.

I think I managed to sand all of the blood off the bench I was actually making when I did it.:eek:

The next question would be how many dimples would be needed? There'll be someone complaining that they own an A13! :p
The Apollo 13 version would have to be an LE.

I get loads of tiny bits of swarf embedded in my fingers. The stainless ones are hard to spot but the mild steel are easy because they go rusty. I dig them out with a scalpel.

I had plenty of swarf burns back in my apprentice days. A fellow apprentice ( it wasn't me honest! ) had a nasty burn when a red hot piece went down the front of his overalls, he danced around as it made its way down but settled on his cock ( he was naked under the overalls being a very hot summer ).

I'd like a Pro please Wayne.

Can I make a suggestion ?
If you have a router can you rout some ball sized dimples along the top edge so that we can put the balls on there and stop them rolling off the lockdown bar of an adjacent game ? :thumbs:
Andrew wants ball sizes holes to place his balls on.
I have a router. May give it a go when i pick mine up at the show in April.

As I have found to my detriment. I'm currently at work waiting to go into surgery to have a splinter removed from my thumb. Yes a f@*king splinter. None of the sisters were willing to try and remove it as it is so deep and there is none of it accessible. 3 different surgeons have looked at it and the consensus is that it needs a nerve block putting in
Ouch! That sounds like a terrible splinter. I'm pretty much immune from wood splinters now. Just never seem to get them or never notice. It's the pesky metal splinters that really cause my grief. Good look with having it removed. Leave the blood on the bench as a super LE

Back
Top Bottom