What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Wonka LE

Wonka is a seriously good looking machine and one my daughter pesters me to buy. . . it's her favourite film (and I quite like it too 😬).

It's those pesky flippers that have stopped from buying one in the past.

Wonka is a seriously good looking machine and one my daughter pesters me to buy. . . it's her favourite film (and I quite like it too 😬).

The few games I have had on it i always enjoyed theme is right up there 🤩 the flipper issue
Is never a problem for me as I never play for long enough 😂

I sold my Wonka CE with extras for £10,250 when GZ came out.

IMO that is what the one for sale is worth
I know mate I was negotiating with you 🤩
It's a pretty thing but personally for me the LE is where it's at the CE just not worth the extra for me

Also the fact its missing a lot of the original music, I don't think it has any. I absolutely love that film, but with out the oompa loompa song and other songs its a bit flat for me, the songs are the film appeal.

Also the fact its missing a lot of the original music, I don't think it has any. I absolutely love that film, but with out the oompa loompa song and other songs its a bit flat for me, the songs are the film appeal.

No music? It's a musical though.

Wonka without the music is Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

No music? It's a musical though.

Wonka without the music is Charlie and the Chocolate factory.
Yep that was my thoughts, I've only played it once and didn't notice much film music. From memory there was a lot of chatter at launch that it was missing alot, something to do with JJP getting the assets but not the music. Others will be able to clarify further.

Yep that was my thoughts, I've only played it once and didn't notice much film music. From memory there was a lot of chatter at launch that it was missing alot, something to do with JJP getting the assets but not the music. Others will be able to clarify further.
Although my old brain I might be talking absolute nonsense 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Im 99 sure the candyman can is not in it 🤔

Think it's got most songs apart from the candy man one , and let's be honest if that guy was around today operation yew tree would be knocking on his door 😂😂
Thanks for confirming, true candyman has a new meaning.

Apologies all I am indeed talking uter rubbish 🤣🤣🤣

Nice to know, only played it briefly once.
It's got loads of music; they are not straight song rips either, rather the musical scores, but you can hum along to plenty (I've got a golden ticket, I want it now, Pure imagination etc). It's quite well done I think, if the lyrics were there then I would get pretty fed up of hearing the same words each time a mode starts, but with just the music it's not (as) repetitive. The sound effects got a lot of hate at release, and I saw the same complaints from some about Elton John recently, you definitely get used to it and start to "understand" what's going on once you understand the rules and modes, of which there are plenty. And then there is the light show, Wonka's Office and Wonkatania Mania are just sublime. Mine is bolted to the floor (sorry OP, but I am in Northern Ireland anyway) because I love it so much, but also because it is so fkin heavy.

I am in Banbridge direction if you are ever this way and want to try again.

Don't understand people say jjp flippers are bad. My wonka flippers are much better than my stern machines. Even my wizard of Oz flippers for very sharp/quick.

Don't understand people say jjp flippers are bad. My wonka flippers are much better than my stern machines. Even my wizard of Oz flippers for very sharp/quick.

For me, they feel soft and less responsive by comparison.

I may be wrong but I heard it was the first thing Lionel Ritchie wanted to sort out when he moved from Stern to JJP.

The main thing is that you're happy with them and enjoying the game mate. 👍

It's got loads of music; they are not straight song rips either, rather the musical scores, but you can hum along to plenty (I've got a golden ticket, I want it now, Pure imagination etc). It's quite well done I think, if the lyrics were there then I would get pretty fed up of hearing the same words each time a mode starts, but with just the music it's not (as) repetitive. The sound effects got a lot of hate at release, and I saw the same complaints from some about Elton John recently, you definitely get used to it and start to "understand" what's going on once you understand the rules and modes, of which there are plenty. And then there is the light show, Wonka's Office and Wonkatania Mania are just sublime. Mine is bolted to the floor (sorry OP, but I am in Northern Ireland anyway) because I love it so much, but also because it is so fkin heavy.

I am in Banbridge direction if you are ever this way and want to try again.
Cool, thanks would love a proper go on it, at some point Il drop you a PM to organise a play date :) If your in Belfast your welcome to play ghostbusters and twighlight zone.

Wonka is a pretty special game. I don’t get this flipper crusade either apart from maybe GnR suffering from flipper fade after prolonged use.
Glad i’m not the only one. I’ve got wonka and gnr (and previously woz and dialed in). Never noticed anything different from the flippers to a stern. I even went and played wonka and then played ehoh straight after this week due to reading the comments above….and even whilst looking specifically for flipper issues, I couldn’t tell the difference.

I have Dialed In, Wonka and TS4 the only difference in flippers I’ve noticed to Stern is that the Stern ones are noisier in operation. Maybe my ball times are too short 👍

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom