What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Wms Police Force

Expired Due to no activity

G-501

Site Supporter
Looking to sell a Williams Police Force pinball.

Link to pics
Link to slideshow

Reasonable condition overall with some cabinet wear. The playfield is not too bad, small amounts of wear in usual places and has some damaged/cracked plastics (slingshots mostly).

The back box has some damage where it looks like it has been filled (where the translite sits) and which was painted over. Not brilliant, but should be relatively straightforward to repair; I just don't have the time. See other pics for overall condition.

The machine was cleaned and new re-rubbered about a year ago along with various new parts and refurbishment listed below:

New translite
New backbox glass
New car motor rubber
Replacement jackpot display
New flipper switches
Flippers rebuild to WPC standard (makes a big difference IMO)
Coin door refurbished
Drop targets rebuild
Shooter rod rebuilt with new parts

The spinner target (skill shot) was missing when I bought this but a 'home made' one was created (couldn't locate a spare) and painted. This will never win any prizes, but at least the feature works now.

£800, Located just off J4 M3. (Surrey/Hants border).

Last edited:
Looking to sell a Williams Police Force pinball.

Flippers rebuild to WPC standard (makes a big difference IMO)

Hi, Graham,

I don't mean to detract, but if anything, the quality of the flipper assemblies on new WMS games deteriorated during the Wpc era. The lowest point that I saw was with 'The Shadow'; a colleague leant against the side of the machine, fresh out of the shipping carton, inadvertently pressing the flipper button. The flipper pulled-in, but when he moved away the paddle remained raised. Lifting the playfield showed that someone on the line had applied some translucent green grease to the coil plunger (this has its place in some mechanisms, but never on a coil plunger).

Hi Jay,

By 'standard' I mean the process of removing the metal 'cone' style spring used in System 11 games and replacing it with the newer WPC assembly and spring mechanisms. This gives a far better flipper response than the older style mechanisms IMO.

Hi, Graham,

We differ, then, on preference re. the return spring, which was changed on 'Hurricane'. It's my view that WMS made the change in readiness for the later type flipper link, which won't wear the conical compression spring. And I have only contempt for the later link, which IMV was for 'engineers' who only change the flipper link after it breaks. I preferred to use up the older pointed type, and obtain non-genuine pattern parts, than use the new one.

I've always felt that even after correcting the assembly lines' poor adjustment, the feel of the flipper unit was wrong with the outside spring. It isn't that good at its original task of retracting a drop target, and not much better on a flipper.

Last bump on this, reduced price. Going to stick this in storage for a while as I've another project I want to start on and need the room...

I was obviously hoping for more a month ago!! :) Now things have changed and I need the space for another project so expectations change, as they do.

Although I checked my pm's but haven't received an offer from you.

Feel free to get in touch if still interested.

Back
Top Bottom