What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring

PaulTAF

Registered
Hi
I am trying to wire a C120 coin mech to the interface board of my addams family machine, I have the ribbon cable from the mech but don't know what each one of the pins does and can't find the manual for it. Any help appreciated 🙏

Hi Paul, you'll need to use the large connector on the back of the coin mech which usually accepts a long molex style plug. (See photo)

A ribbon cable won't be any good if it's how i picture it.

Can you snap a photo of yours?b2e39eedbf28a596f27a35aaa662e384.jpg

Hi Paul, you'll need to use the large connector on the back of the coin mech which usually accepts a long molex style plug. (See photo)

A ribbon cable won't be any good if it's how i picture it.

Can you snap a photo of yours?b2e39eedbf28a596f27a35aaa662e384.jpg
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
This is my coin mech interface and I have a 10pin ribbon ...just don't know which pin I need to connect to which pin on the machine interface board.20210522_204211.jpg

My gut feeling is you're not going to have any luck with that model. The UK WPC models all came with a C220 mechs which has the required parallel interface for connecting to the coin interface board.

This looks like a serial interface used in things like fruit machines.

@philpalmer @steve brum more expertise in this and may be able to confirm.

Tim

ok.. there are two different mechs for different eras....

C120 is connected by a ribbon... it's a smaller more compact unit
Sentinel/C220/C220B is the larger mech, and is connected by a connector as pictured in Strobeys pic above.

Any chance you could picsute what you have in the machine please?

Addams Family 100% Takes a Sentinel/C220/C220B as standard
(if you need one i have plenty on current coins & the newer 10p as opposed to the older one)

You can get a ribbon style cable that fits on the C220 mechs, not sure if that's what's confusing things?
20210523_134540.jpg
It's the same pinout as @strobey pictured, but just looks more like a ribbon..... Maybe that's what you've got?

Pretty sure you need a C220 for a TAF, I've got a couple that need a new home, one on new £1 and one not if if you need one (if you don't grab one off Paul)

You can get a ribbon style cable that fits on the C220 mechs, not sure if that's what's confusing things?
View attachment 138910
It's the same pinout as @strobey pictured, but just looks more like a ribbon..... Maybe that's what you've got?

Pretty sure you need a C220 for a TAF, I've got a couple that need a new home, one on new £1 and one not if if you need one (if you don't grab one off Paul)
I've dropped Paul a message but not heard back yet but how much are yours out of interest? 😊

£25, Freshly programmed, tested and delivered to your door in Mainland UK.

Back
Top Bottom