What's new

Wiring for say it again board..

Mozie

Registered
Trying to hook up a say it again board to fireball 2 and can't find a wiring diagram for the j1 connector, J2 I can figure out from posts on pinside (although wondering why bare wire is used for two connectors?) I've also seen the centaur manual but have read some say it's incorrect and don't want to balls it up.. Anybody got pics of how it's connected? Also can't see an ff connector on the board thanks

IMG_20240503_164912.jpgIMG_20240503_164145.jpg

Will be home tomorrow to the Centaur and will check connections..

1714936083810.jpg
As you can hopefully see - I used 4 core wire (all inners combined into 1 and the shield) as interconnects - so looks more complex than it is!

Thanks mate that helps. Just wondering where that power connector hooks up too?

Yeah where it connects to on the other side.. I presuming as @AlanJ says I'll have snag this from somewhere else on mine

Backbox connector with wires from J117149451527231146254401370600773.jpgthe 2 croc clips show where the 2 wires (orange/?? and blk/wh) from J1 power, connect to the power board in the base of machine. It routes through connector in backbox - image to follow.

I guess this is the connector you say unique to Centaur - but tracing the power module leads up (I tested continuity for both J1-1 and J1-5) indicated this is where that 43v starts!

Excellent thanks a million I can see what's going on there.. The 3rd cable is ground from the sqwalk and talk board

So pin 1 and 5 are power from bottom and 2 is ground from sqwalk and talk.. Thanks alot I'll give it a go tomorrow 👍👍👍

4 is earth. (This part of the schematic seems ok if J3-12 and J4-7 correspond to the wires I put clips on earlier.. should be clear from photos and power module schematics I trust.

Back
Top Bottom