What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Williams Whirlwind pinball - £1800 (price drop)

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Currently in Tilt but there is a lot of machines coming in over the next two weeks so this needs to go leave.

Collection from me in Brum (B30 post code).

Nice game - displays work lovely.

Bring cash! No PX.

Will give it a check over before it leaves mine.

Partially LED'ed.

I have noticed that the backbox GI is half out so that will be sorted.

Can honestly say it has not missed a beat since it has been on site.

IMG_9390.jpg
IMG_9391.jpg
IMG_9393.jpg
IMG_9394.jpg
IMG_9396.jpg
IMG_9397.jpg
IMG_9399.jpg
IMG_9400.jpg
IMG_9401.jpg
IMG_9402.jpg
IMG_9403.jpg
IMG_9404.jpg
IMG_9405.jpg
IMG_9406.jpg
IMG_9407.jpg
IMG_9408.jpg
IMG_9409.jpg
IMG_9410.jpg
IMG_9411.jpg

Nice game. Is there a version of whirlwind with a DMD? I would have sworn it had one when I’ve seen it in the wild.

I've not played Whirlwind. How do other forum members rate it?
Superb game. Lawlor classic. One of the best Sys 11 games, some say the best. Similar feel and ruleset to Earthshaker - but offers a bit more... has a Wizard Mode of sorts. It can be quite a tough cookie to play.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Consistently rated as Williams' best System 11 Title. Great mix of forehand and backhand shots. The upper right flipper has to be set correctly as the upper ramp shot is absolutely critical on this game. Lots of brilliant Pat Lawlor touches.

Ramps and plastics were both recently remade (double check though for stock if you are bothered about this). I have owned 5x System 11s, I have sold BK2K and Earthshaker. I have kept Whirlwind, Banzai and Transporter.

As @Sgt GrizZ says, remarkably similar to Earthshaker. However, Earthshaker is ruined by the overly generous central ramp shot. A valid points strategy on Earthshaker is to just shoot the central ramp again and again until you max it out. This is why I sold my ES.

Yeah that and the fact you can’t relight the jackpot, makes multiball pointless after you’ve claimed it. Shame, otherwise it’d be the better game I think.

I've not played Whirlwind. How do other forum members rate it?

This is a very simple thing to answer.

If you are considering buying any game then the best thing to do is go and play it.

I do not like The Addams family much - or Twilight Zone - but generally they are always in the top 5 games.

I like Aersomith, Cirqus Voltaire and Family Guy - they are not in many peoples top 20 - but that will not affect my judgment.

It is a bit like asking someone what music you are to listen to or what food you should eat.

Thanks Guys. Ive watch gameplay on You Tube and of course taken Todds view. My roll of bullseyes after selling ID4 are back in my wallet until such a time I find time to actually play it but fellow hobbyists opinions do count on my decision making.

For what its worth as a newbie, im thoroughly enjoying mine, been getting a few bits and pieces done, and spares (apart from the topper motor) seem easy to source in europe

Hi, is this machine still for sale? new to the forum and pins and looking to buy my first. Unfortunately don't know too much so trying to do my research

[emoji23] know the feeling, I have far too big of a game collection. Trimming it down to scratch an itch I have had for years now. Really considering this one if still for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. I don't want to let anything go, but I'm out of space. Funhouse is on the list. Maybe family guy, maybe Spiderman. Painful decisions now!

22 is too many!! Sell GOTG :)

Back
Top Bottom