What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams System 11b MPU Built From Scratch - Big Guns

CrisUK

Registered
I was looking for a lockdown project and took on an (over priced) Big Guns, looking back at this machines history I can see it was listed here a year or so back and on facebook before that. Someone had spent a decent amount of money on the machine and it was in pretty tidy over all condition really. Powder coated rails and ramps, new rottendog LED display board etc...

But the machine didn't play, and what is the point of a pretty looking machine that didn't play? There were some hidden corroded and burned out connections, and one hell of a mess of an MPU board. Bodged beyond belief, like a rats nest on the back! I decided to take on the task of building a whole new MPU from a bare board. Victor over on pinside does an amazing solution for this. It was a lot more work than I had originally imagined, but it fired up first time.

Yes, I know Big Guns isn't a well loved game. But now it's fully working with LEDs through out it's a cracking little game. The kids love it, very simple to play and they love the canons. best of all it's as original as it's possible to be, the sound circuits are spot on, maybe a bit cleaner than before even.

Mmmmmmmm shiny redness.....

IMG_6529.jpg

Cheers

Cris

I have so much respect for people who reverse engineer and can rebuild like this. Great work.

Awesome! Ive got a big guns im trying to getting fully working also! Glad you managed to get yours sorted. It must have been alot of hours work to recreate that entire board!

The new board looks quite different to the original, have you made some improvments or added anything extra which the original didnt have?

Back
Top Bottom