What's new

Williams rollergames

jcjport

Registered
some help please guys. i have just agreed a deal on the above game which i am happy about. but the seller says that some of the bulbs are blown. are they easy to replace and if so what are they. it looks like it needs some TLC but not a huge amount. i am new to this but i am handy with repairing stuff. anything you would advise me on please??

They're very easy to replace, as long as you're ok with lifting the playfield up for a service - if not, then you should start at Pinball school 101 (main tip: remove all balls first!).

Bulbs are usually wedge or bayonet, depending on the socket used.

555 is wedge
44 is bayonet

https://pinparts.co.uk/products/555-6v-wedge-lamp1
https://pinparts.co.uk/products/44-6v-0-25a-wedge-lamp1

You can also fit LEDs instead, clear and/or coloured, and they last much longer and run much cooler, but these games were designed for incandescent, so your experience with LEDs may not be as straightforward.

https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/spares-accessories/lamps-leds/

Flashers are either wedge or bayonet too.

Last edited:
Rollergames is an awesome first game. Love it. Best thing to do is when you get it. Lift the hood and start tinkering!! You’ll wonder what you ever worried about. Loads of advice on here. Good luck mate

Rollergames is an awesome first game. Love it. Best thing to do is when you get it. Lift the hood and start tinkering!! You’ll wonder what you ever worried about. Loads of advice on here. Good luck mate
aww thanks buddy. no doubt i will be back asking, nay, crying for help lol

Turn the power off first too when you're replacing bulbs as tempting as it is to do it whilst it's on don't.

Have you seen this thing in the flesh ? Do you know the seller ? Is he someone with a decent reputation on here ?

Very risky to buy a pinball blind if you don't know the seller

A few blown bulbs might be a few blown bulbs at pence each. Or the game might require serious repair work.

Far better for you to test the thing out before parting with cash

Don't want to cast a shadow... . But you have to be realistic.. Plenty of guys selling games claim blown fuses. Or it used to work. And noobs can get ripped off and learn the hard way.

I don't want to be rude, but do you mind me asking how much you gave for it?
They originally wanted about 3k I think at one point.
Looked a good example and enjoy it

I have a Rollergames, very easy to LED. A lot easier then the SST I’m currently doing.

Some of the bulb holders have a small bolt holding them into the playfield, that’s about as bad as it gets.

It’s a great game! Here’s mine.

Attachments

• 7A1D5D30-B51C-4D66-9BE8-DDAC6D25164A.jpeg
    7A1D5D30-B51C-4D66-9BE8-DDAC6D25164A.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom