What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Williams Millionaire parts / working sys 11a mpu wanted

Slamtilt

Registered
I'm looking for any Millionaire parts, playfield parts and also looking for a good 11a mpu board/eproms etc.

I'm sure tons of these have been scrapped in the past!!

Cheers,
Dom.

Good luck with the hunt, but I have not noticed these coming up for sale very often. They are sadly rather expensive

Provided it is not battery damaged, consider buying a broken one for onward repair by one of the tech gurus on here Andy/ Jim ...

Unless this is all about the challenge and the money side irrelevant to you, I would watch your spend. It is not a highly rated title (piside rank 342) and resale value would reflect this.

I might be tempted to part with one out my stock but not sold one for ages so cmon guys what’s a fair price for a tested and working 11A board.

11a the most versatile board. Id say £150 if unhacked. Millionaire was a parts machine for a long time as one of the least popular sys 11 and had desirable boards display 3 flippers even a top light . Hopefully you got the game for a steal aa it has the danger of being a money pit.

I bought one millionaire (described as untested) off ebay c.2010 only 5 miles away. when we lifted the backbox up the cab fell apart. the seller was very apologetic and knocked it down from £100 to £50. I think the flashing light motor and assembly covered that LOL

Its not a particularly bad game its just not as good as other Williams games of the same age. Certainly better than anything Bally were knocking out then

I'm on a low budget so if it's 250 it might have to wait, unless I manage to get a job or sell something!! The machine did not cost me much, that was my main incentive for getting it and i'm trying to keep costs down by doing everything myself, but the mpu board is the problem and probably why these Millionaires got scrapped in the past (and other sys 11's).
This is my board and I think 2/3rd's of it needs some sort of work (what's with those white resistors?):
PXL_20210503_131605312.jpg

Those cement resistors always look horrible but are probably fine. Cheap as chips and easy to replace if necessary. I'd say they are the least of your problems

How bad is the acid damage, can't from the photo.

Acid damage aside there's not much that can't be fixed on these.

How bad is the acid damage, can't from the photo.

Acid damage aside there's not much that can't be fixed on these.
here is some close up pics, you can see the tarnished solder better.
PXL_20210503_131547722.jpg

PXL_20210503_131551555.jpg

PXL_20210503_131556189.jpg

PXL_20210503_131600565.jpg

what do you think?

Attachments

• PXL_20210503_131605312.jpg
    PXL_20210503_131605312.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 4
i have a nos Millionaire Left ramp part number B-11455 that i came in some bulk operators spares years back. Left one in the pics. Happy to sell it if you want it.

IMG_9346.JPG
IMG_9347.JPG

start with u41 then 42, 51 then the minor chips until you get it booting.
To the op, I really would not just start changing chips randomly, without first working out what is actually up with the board. To fix this you will need a logic probe, decent soldering iron, desoldering station and lots of time and patience. Too many boards get chips changed for no reason that end up being the cause of extra faults and if you aren't good with a soldering iron, desoldering iron/station then the chance of ruining the pcb is very high. If this board gets ruined then your game really is scrap... Anyway just my view.

Anyone got a Millionaire playfield??!
This is just my opinion but I think you’re going about this all wrong.
You say you’re on a budget, then get the machine working and worry about a better playfield last. Once it’s working it’s playable abeit with a cr*p playfield but playable. Then sort out the playfield.
You do a playfield swap and then get boards and it don’t work you’re not gonna know whether it’s something you’ve caused or not.

This is just my opinion but I think you’re going about this all wrong.
You say you’re on a budget, then get the machine working and worry about a better playfield last. Once it’s working it’s playable abeit with a cr*p playfield but playable. Then sort out the playfield.
You do a playfield swap and then get boards and it don’t work you’re not gonna know whether it’s something you’ve caused or not.

Totally agree here. Just get the game going first, repair the electronics & mechanical faults and forget the playfield/cab damage for now. Once its playing enjoy it then decide what you want to do with it longer term.

Back
Top Bottom