What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Williams High Speed £1150

andy

Site Supporter
The good:
  • Fully working
  • Cab pretty good and unfaded
  • Backglass very good
  • New pinled display
  • New beacon motor
  • Plastics very good, including replacement clear ramp cover thanks to @Colywobbles !
  • Repro ‘hot action pinball’ topper (not fitted)
  • Nice chrome legs
  • Remote battery holder fitted, a couple of transistors look to have been replaced over the years but otherwise the boards look clean and unmolested.
  • Custom scorecards! :cool:
The not so good:

• The playfield isn’t in great condition. Following a going over with a magic eraser it’s better and brighter than it was, but still has graining and swirls as you can see from the pics. There are some areas of wear, this will never be better than a players quality game. It does play nice and fast though!
  • A bit of tlc wouldn’t go amiss. Nothing major, but some switches could do with adjusting, a couple of posts are a bit loose etc. Rubbers are OK but new ones would be better.
  • Decal from Pinball Center above the flippers covers some wear, it actually looks quite good (and a lot better than it did without it) but the colours aren’t as bright as the original paint.
  • There is wear on some inserts, included is an almost complete inserts decal sheet from Ministry of Pinball which could be used to improve that, though frankly the quality of them isn’t fantastic.
  • The backbox on this age of game is a touch wider than most at 77cm and it will not fit out of my house without the backbox coming off. Williams decided to make doing this more difficult by screwing the GI fuses to the back of the backbox and not putting plugs on the beacon relay or knocker. The fuse assembly unscrews and I have used connecting block for the beacon relay and knocker, but it does mean reassembly is a bit more fiddly than some games.
  • Please note that this is collection only, from outside the house due to Covid, and with the cab and backbox in two pieces due to the point above!

Oh and the game is in Bristol - Martin has been here before!
8865C728-DEA6-4EA7-B0B1-EE3F90072C45.jpeg
F86B207D-8178-4459-B756-AE0E8DEDF00E.jpeg
8D0F473E-BBAA-4463-9C67-C6F439560CB8.jpeg
929DE88B-71F4-4334-B225-62C7D60C73ED.jpeg

Last edited:
My “First Ever Pin”😀
Super game, especially for visitors/occasional players, as easy to see what you’re supposed to be doing, and indeed the game talks to you (it was the first).
GLWTS - a great buy for someone with space and not massive budget.

My “First Ever Pin”😀
Super game, especially for visitors/occasional players, as easy to see what you’re supposed to be doing, and indeed the game talks to you (it was the first).
GLWTS - a great buy for someone with space and not massive budget.

High Speed did have quite a list of firsts, but speech wasn't one of them.

Back
Top Bottom