What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Williams EM False 0

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
So I’m missing a reel, we can be sure of that, but looks to be missing other parts too... notably a coil bracket too but unsure how the stepper attaches to the reel too...

Anyone have one and any help :p - will post up the shop log bit later, want it ready in 4 week so that’ll be fun!

8160C173-32F5-43D4-8390-DE7B8A5C785B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8F54D690-025E-4274-9790-E3626143C390.jpeg
    8F54D690-025E-4274-9790-E3626143C390.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 11
^^^Score reel unit that is. Not sure which unit that is in your photo.

Hmm...

I think this is actually the total reset unit... and the last digit is actually blamked out... so I need a blanking 0....

08506472-667E-4F62-87D9-9A8A582E8828.png

You can see 4 reels here and the blanking 0 and the unit...

CDB27FCA-0495-4BC1-BFB2-E610B9CADB64.png

Looks like you're missing the blank/false zero and I think possibly parts for the match sequence stepper. It's hard to see if the arm is under the coil or not.

There is an arm under the coil yes, but unsure how it operates. Think I am just missing the coil brack (sure I have a spare) and the operating plunger.

So here’s the images...
It’s a.... thingymadoodie

25889B86-E4D0-45E5-AB7F-BE8880044552.jpeg
341EAC9D-A4E6-4B98-A90C-C98C6BBDA6A2.jpeg
E36ADEAA-F20A-48E3-A9C6-C7A750261AD7.jpeg

Looks like you are just missing the 0 blanking plate.

The ipdb image does not have the top reset coil either so it's just a sequential stepper unit. You can manually advance the unit by hand to see if it works.
Have you got any lose wires not attached to anything up there?

It looks like a continuous stepper unit. It just goes round and round in one direction. No need for reset or step down so only one coil needed.

None of the units seem to move when pressed, but imagine they are gummed up.

Thanks @Moonbus - no seems to be just the coil of the bracket. No other wires hanging about. If this is the match unit, you can switch it off according to the schematic, so I might just take it out for now? I don't actually get how to read the schematics and work out which unit is which :p Thanks @pinballmania - do you know if this is the match unit per chance?

There is an arm under the coil yes, but unsure how it operates. Think I am just missing the coil brack (sure I have a spare) and the operating plunger.

Looks like the end stop for the coil has snapped off ( you can see the screws holding what left of the end stop to the bracket [top left] next to the coil). with no end stop the coil sleeve has started extracting itself. If the plunger is not attached to the arm under the coil then it's not doing anything anyway.

Normal operation would be for the plunger to pull the arm up to the coil when the coil is operated, which will be when generating a match after game over.

Great progress, I never really understood the requirement for a blank "0" must be a macho thing for high scores :p

If you turn off the match function the match unit stepper still steps on each 10 points scored controlled by the 10 point relay which is wired in parallel to the medium chime which clangs on each 10 points too (ref. Row 17 on your schematic). (On a Bally its more important as the match stepper has the 10 point bell clanger physically attached). As a parallel circuit the chime should still work if match coil disconnected, but note the schematic is a logical not physical display of the wiring. On a side note, the match randomness function is pretty cool and described here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-match-function-em-how-it-works

I don't actually get how to read the schematics and work out which unit is which
I found it best to learn the units based on how they're named on the schematic, in the backbox you have the Score Reels aka Drum Units shown as DUs, the Match Unit and Replay Unit. There is also a Clock Unit I guess this is what's attached under the playfield, that looks really interesting as it has step up, reset and total reset function. Normally there'd be a Ball Count Unit in the head but doesn't this game run on "time" ie the Clock Unit. You will see the individual unit coils referenced as SU Step Up, Step Down/Reset and Total Reset depending on what type of unit it is (continuous, step up/down, full reset). If you're lucky the units may have original labels attached to help too.

Let me know if you need more help with the schematic, I know part of the fun of this hobby is learning yourself and you've bought yourself a steep learning curve here:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom