What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Williams Comet - proceeds to Charity !

Status
Not open for further replies.

pintableuser

Registered
5Years
002.JPG

Before being placed in long term storage (7+years) it "played". Ramps have usual breaks at entrance, Swirl ramp is new. It will require all boards and electrics to be proved good prior to powerup. The backglass and playfield mylar are bubbled. As far as I'm aware all parts are present with exception to the coin door switch test buttons.
Side rails n lockbar are nice, legs are crusty.
This is one of these pins you either hone your skills on, or turn it into a number of interesting spare parts.
I reckon its worth about £100 as is , BUT WILL ACCEPT MORE , come and collect or arrange your own delivery,
All proceeds will go to GRIZZ and his 24 hr marathon. Any questions? more photographs? Just ask (No private messages pls.)

003.JPG
005.JPG

Last edited:
Plenty of spare parts there for someone.
Very generous gesture to donate the sale money to GrizzZ''''''''s charity. Top man.

This is one of these pins you either hone your skills on, or turn it into a number of interesting spare parts.
I reckon its worth about £100 as is , BUT WILL ACCEPT MORE , come and collect or arrange your own delivery,
All proceeds will go to GRIZZ and his 24 hr marathon. Any questions? more photographs? Just ask (No private messages pls.)

WOW ....what a fantastic and generous gesture ! Massive thanks. This just shows what a great community the pinball scene is :D

Thats a cool project for the winter months, and I'm sure with all the knowledge and resources on here that bad boy could be up and running in no time.

In case anyone missed it ...more info on my charity pinball marathon here ...

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...charity-pinball-marathon-please-support.5715/

wow i would be interested in this as my first winter project! (and wouldnt mind paying a bit more for charity) where is the pin located?? if its close-ish to me can i call 1st dibs :)
loz

Last edited:
Enormously generous gesture. Hats fully off

Fantastic bunch of spare parts. Suspect that's damp mould on the underside of the playfield though is it? Don't want to put a dampener on it (hoho), but might be worth setting expectations right

Still. Great price!

Enormously generous gesture. Hats fully off

Fantastic bunch of spare parts. Suspect that's damp mould on the underside of the playfield though is it? Don't want to put a dampener on it (hoho), but might be worth setting expectations right

Still. Great price!

You never know. I had a project EM a few years ago, covered in that funky white mould ....it all just brushed off and was no prob :)

You never know. I had a project EM a few years ago, covered in that funky white mould ....it all just brushed off and was no prob :)

Either way sounds like a fun winter project for me to get back into pin ownership!! i dont mind cleaning mould or stripping and replacing the PF :)

The Pin is in Glasgow......... you won't need your passport til next year.
Maybe Martin could pick it up at a charitable rate when he is next up this way???
I can store it til then but best pay before the PIN-TATHALON. When is that then???????:) Friday 18th. October

The white efflorescence brushes off. If you want any specific photos just let me know.

The Pin is in Glasgow......... you won't need your passport til next year.
Maybe Martin could pick it up at a charitable rate when he is next up this way???
I can store it til then but best pay before the PIN-TATHALON. When is that then???????:) Friday 18th. October

The white efflorescence brushes off. If you want any specific photos just let me know.

I would be more than happy to pay before the PIN-TATHALON, what sort of price would Martin charge from Glasgow to Bristol?? or if some one else is making that trip from Glasgow to nearish bristol i could give some money for fuel and charity?

Martin seems to have one UK price which I believe is £85. One of my pins went to Scotland before returning back across the border as that was his run on the day.

We do have a couple of vans making there way down from Glasgow to the NLP. I suppose it all depends if they have room.
Hopefully they will see this thread and let us know.

What is martins number so i could give him a call? does he visit this forum before i ask if he might do a charitable rate :)

If anyone hears of anymore making the journey to realy the machine that weould be great!

Happy to collect.
Happy to pay a bit more as it's for chhhharrrity.
Happy to tell you I'm not going to flip it.
Happy to spend all winter sorting it back to former glory.
Happy to do a shop log on here!

Anything else you need to know?

Last edited:
Happy to collect.
Happy to pay a bit more as it's for chhhharrrity.
Happy to tell you I'm not going to flip it.
Happy to spend all winter sorting it back to former glory.
Happy to do a shop log on here!

Anything else you need to know?

Thanks for your interest. Shop log would be interesting.... Where are you coming from?.....

I'm based in Alston.... about 20 miles from Carlisle. So it's basically a A74/M74 slog.

We can sort payment in two ways. Either I give, of I give you cash and you donate it.

We'll have to take the head off as we only have either an A3 or golf VI :)P) but I'm happy to do that as the machine is going to be stripped bare. Rather like the big guns I'm currently reviving.

Good luck with it - i'd have been really interested, if it was any game but comet ... i already have one . always looking out for projects in Scotland as they don't come up much . Very generous too.

I'm based in Alston.... about 20 miles from Carlisle. So it's basically a A74/M74 slog.

We can sort payment in two ways. Either I give, of I give you cash and you donate it.

We'll have to take the head off as we only have either an A3 or golf VI :)P) but I'm happy to do that as the machine is going to be stripped bare. Rather like the big guns I'm currently reviving.

Although i would loke this machine I think its best if you have this one! i recon you could give more to charity if you are collecting it as i would have to pay for delivery:( i will just keep on loking for projects closer to bristol:) Good luck with the resto!

Although i would loke this machine I think its best if you have this one! i recon you could give more to charity if you are collecting it as i would have to pay for delivery:( i will just keep on loking for projects closer to bristol:) Good luck with the resto!

Thanks for your input, Start lookn in dark club n pub cellars round Bristol.. .there's still sleepers out there that for one reason or another remain in hibernation...... spread the general word . Good thing is, all on here now know and a local may point you in the right direction. Good luck with your search.

Think the fair way to do this is.... you come, you see, and you give your charitable donation. (£100 and above). n its yours.
Take the head off, pack your car, n smile all the way back to Alston??? When were you thinking???

Bout 10yrs ago..... did you sell a Cyclone???? I remember a garage there with an 80's vid machine n some other interesting stuff.

Wasn't me... but if you can remember any further info. I'll ask around.

Obviously this weekend is bad as it's the NLP doodar, when is best for you?

Ermm.. I'm going to assume that a 'conversation' is the same as other forum's PMs?

If so... I've started one with you

The machine has dusted off nicely.

005 (2).JPG

010.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

This one has great potential........ its now ready to go out and have a few days at The Spa.... a nice makeover..... and ready itself for another 28yrs of bringing smiles to appreciative players. :)

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 9
The COMET was exchanged for 7 x 20 crisp English Charity coupons, with the 24hr Pin-tathelon page duly credited.
The Pin is now well on its way to its new home south of the border for a little pampering and approved film star makeover treatment :).
Abaxas and his trusty Audi A3 did the business, everyone smiling, all good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom