What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

williams bally CPU Compatibility?

Tony

Site Supporter
Alias
Tony
I'm after some advise, I may be requiring a CPU if I cant fix mine on my JD, the JD has A-12742 WPC (I believe this is also known as a (DCS CPU I think the sound chip was bettered?) will a later WPC-S cpu work? ( I have read that this has a security chip?)
I think I have read that the chips will require changing over, if these are socketed then fine, but what's the best way of removing U9?
Any advise would be appreciated thanks

Tony

Hi, Tony,

I don't think that an 'S' board would work straight off (if at all) in a Judge Dredd; it might well start, but then halt displaying 'U22* Error' since Dredd didn't use a security chip. The manual for Roadshow, the second game on the 'S' board, states that it's not backward compatible.

'DCS' is more of an audio board description - it was first used on Indiana Jones PBA.

The ASIC U9 is best removed using a special tool which lifts all four corners at once.

Back
Top Bottom