What's new

WIDEBODIES AND THEIR TOPPERS (no pics please Dan)

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
Later this year I will complete something that I have wanted to do since I bought my first pin 11 years ago, Demo Man. I have had a boner for the widebody tables, also known as SuperPins, they came out in 93 and 94 as either Bally or Williams, and that was around the time there was a pin in every pub, which is when my education took a back seat and my drinking and pin playing became a priority. After DM came IJ, from a forum member before I even knew of the forum, then STTNG from @cooldan, his first pin, he wept like a baby as he chased after the car when we left. Then I took a punt on a Road Show from Italy when the pound was strong, and finally I traded a dirty but sound BSD and cash for my grail pin TZ which @newdos had worked his magic on. Later this year @rowansalger1973 will part with both Judge Dredd and the highly respected and revered Popeye, thus completing my "family reunion" of the SuperPins.

I plan to have them set up to play in order of birth in a BarCade in Edinburgh, a business plan is forming as we search for a venue here, but whilst this is all brewing I would like some advice on toppers. As far as I know there is the Pyramid with eye topper for TZ and the Eagle topper for JD. Are there any official ones for the other pins? Failing that what have people done on theirs?

Thanks in advance,

J.C.

Later this year I will complete something that I have wanted to do since I bought my first pin 11 years ago, Demo Man. I have had a boner for the widebody tables, also known as SuperPins, they came out in 93 and 94 as either Bally or Williams, and that was around the time there was a pin in every pub, which is when my education took a back seat and my drinking and pin playing became a priority. After DM came IJ, from a forum member before I even knew of the forum, then STTNG from @cooldan, his first pin, he wept like a baby as he chased after the car when we left. Then I took a punt on a Road Show from Italy when the pound was strong, and finally I traded a dirty but sound BSD and cash for my grail pin TZ which @newdos had worked his magic on. Later this year @rowansalger1973 will part with both Judge Dredd and the highly respected and revered Popeye, thus completing my "family reunion" of the SuperPins.

I plan to have them set up to play in order of birth in a BarCade in Edinburgh, a business plan is forming as we search for a venue here, but whilst this is all brewing I would like some advice on toppers. As far as I know there is the Pyramid with eye topper for TZ and the Eagle topper for JD. Are there any official ones for the other pins? Failing that what have people done on theirs?

Thanks in advance,

J.C.
Cant wait for the barcade man that will be a weekend away for me and my son Matt I'm sure!!!

Cheers Kev

Thanks in advance,

J.C.

Edinburgh's a long way from Guildford!

I'd advise only using toppers if ceilings are high. Makes the space seem a lot smaller if there's practically no gap between pin and ceiling.

Will you add any new JJP or Heighway widebodies to the collection?

Edinburgh's a long way from Guildford!

I'd advise only using toppers if ceilings are high. Makes the space seem a lot smaller if there's practically no gap between pin and ceiling.

Will you add any new JJP or Heighway widebodies to the collection?

With 2 young kids and the missus' family all up here we decided to make the move. Good call on the height, but still want to be spot on for the family photo!
Going to wait until we find the venue and go from there, will all depend on layout and size but in an ideal world old classics/widebodys down one side and new shiny stern/jjp/highway down the other, few cabs down the end. Bar/restaurant up front, pins in the back!

I got the Roadshow topper from pinballtoppers.com. It fits in well with the theme and the flashing rotating yellow lights strut their funky stuff during multiball. And I am a sucker for any rotating lights - LW3, Tomcat, you name it...

IMG_3830.JPG

I got the Roadshow topper from pinballtoppers.com. It fits in well with the theme and the flashing rotating yellow lights strut their funky stuff during multiball. And I am a sucker for any rotating lights - LW3, Tomcat, you name it...

View attachment 30353
Yeah looks good man! Colour dmd too, I'm assuming that's a belter on this game!

edit - just watched promo vid on youtube, yup, it looks great in colour!!

I reckon RS is the game that benefits the most from a ColorDMD - looks great. Others will probably disagree though....

I think Popeye is - another game mentioned here. Animations are excellent to start with, and the guy that did the colouring did a great job.

Back
Top Bottom