What's new

why no love for e.m's

EM's are generally challenging and will improve playing skills.

Some of the 50's games do have complex rulesets with difficult to attain wizard features ( they weren't really called wizard features though ) .

Hardly anyone knows about them so I am kind of a lone voice for this era:eek:

They didn't come into the UK. In US not many are into them but there is a small market for top condition classics with a few rare titles selling for between $10000 - 20000. Highest prices seem to be games around 1950 , Gottliebs. On average real nice games are $2000 - 5000. Projects can be anywhere from $100!!

And for this era, originality is pretty important.

A while ago I posted a for sale for a Bally Sky Kings in an auction near me incase anyone here was interested. I wasn't it looked so plain compared to the dmd games that I like and collect. I came back from Scotland to find it in my dads garage as he bought it because it added to the collection regardless and was more his era than mine. I looked under the bonnet and was blown away by the engineering involved back then. Other than the gi being out it all seems to work but I'm looking forward to having a tinker and putting it next to its younger generations....20160526_230211.jpg

I have a Hot Tip which is electronic but with a chime box. This is when Williams were changing from EM.
Great in a line up. Have never got bored with it.
( William Tell overture on a chime box - what's not to like? )

I have a Hot Tip which is electronic but with a chime box. This is when Williams were changing from EM.
Great in a line up. Have never got bored with it.

That is a cool looking game. Dave, if you ever want to move it on then give me a shout :thumbs:

We love all pinballs down here in the south...e.m,s hold great memories for me as they used to be all over Poole town. Particularly at rockley sands caravan park and tucktonia ( a very old theme park type place that shut down an age ago). :thumbs:

I'm 45, & have only ever owned EM's. For me, the main attraction is the artwork, modern games just can't compare.
I've got 8 pins at the moment, & have restored many more. They look a bit intimidating inside, but once you get used to them, they're quite easy to fix. I taught myself, & I'm definatly no electronics expert.

Guy I bought the Skill Pool off had the remains of one, so I had that as well.
Got backbox with very good glass, & a good playfield. Just need a cab & mech board, if anyone's got one.

skill pool got same ball firing either side of flippers as williams 1961 double barrel
and 1976 williams space mission wouldn't mind either of them.
or my favourite e.m is hit the deck brilliant table:)

Wow, a Morgan Freeman soundalike, a full strings orchestra and a choir of angels. Only ten left in existence they say?

Not to my tastes but no doubt some collectors will be drooling at the prospect. How much do these go for, three grand? More?

Wow, a Morgan Freeman soundalike, a full strings orchestra and a choir of angels. Only ten left in existence they say?

Not to my tastes but no doubt some collectors will be drooling at the prospect. How much do these go for, three grand? More?
All wood rails had low production runs but this was lowest and survival rates are low. Some games are amazing players and prices all over the place.

I am going to guess this will go higher than £8000.

Her Mermaid also 1950 sold for £12000!

it would be great to have a "history of pinball" line up at a show again. Maybe at NLP like Poibug organised before. To include a bagatelle , table top pin and wooden railer would be superb. wish I still had my Rockola JIgsaw

Well my £8000 estimate looks low:eek:
Already $12000 with 7 days to go and 3 bidders seem to be fighting it out.

I think EMs have charm and soul. The newer the machine, the more baffling. And I don't like all the stupid ghey plastic "toys". Toys are for kiddies.

I'll see your Glamour and raise you a Big Fair...

go on then Phil, i'll bite: how much is a Big Fair?

Well it's not for sale so infinity squared. My point is that rare <> valuable always despite it being only remaining one of a run of 24.

Have to say though those pinrescue videos on youtube are brilliant.

Woodrails are in a bubble of their own as very low survival rate, low demand, condition everything. Doesn't actually matter demand is low as you can go years without seeing one nice example for sale.

Generally speaking value kind of follows these ratings and games from the golden era of 1950 - 1955 command highest prices. So the A and A+ games command big bucks.

Kind of the forgotten era today but these games were better than anything that followed due to art, rulesets, and build quality.

http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/

Well, it sold for $15000, so about £11000.
Not many em's sell higher than that price though.

Back
Top Bottom