What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which would you restore first?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
dilema 2 projects road kings and dr who, I'm leaning towards dr who but road kings always gets pushed aside! Which would you restore first?

Cheers Ronnie

i would fix the Dr Who first, then use your tadis to go back and you can fix the road kings and waste no time

As above - i'd restore the one I want to playing the most first. Only thing with that is is end up playing the restored one and the Other would take an age to get started with the resto

Cheers guys yes dr who looks good but with possibly another project coming it might throw a spanner in the works!

Ronnie

Dr.Who gets my vote as it`s such a good game to get stuck in to but it depends on the work needed and parts available and the patience available !

Cheers,
John.

Dr.Who gets my vote as it`s such a good game to get stuck in to but it depends on the work needed and parts available and the patience available !

Cheers,
John.

Cheers John, we will need to get a catch up, not seen you for years!

As for the dr who I'm planning to fit new cabinet decals which I have, otherwise it's just the usual strip and clean and all the usual stuff, have gathere most of the parts inc cliffy's for the time expander, I have never played it as it has a reset issue which I will deal with after the rest is done.

Cheers Ronnie

2 projects lined up and another coming in, sell one or two on as a project and make your life easier!

Road Kings because it always gets pushed to the side. Then Dr Who, which may help give incentive to get Road Kings finished...! Unless you think Dr Who will be a quick fix so would be better working for you to play whilst fixing Road Kings! :D

Yes I did start on road kings some time ago and did a fair bit of work on the playfield on worn areas and uneven inserts, it will never be perfect (in my hands) but looks much better. it's all the little rusty bits that make me shy away! and of course mid way ST25 came along! I think DW will be more involved but more straight forward if that makes sense? i.e no damage on playfield or rust etc.

Ronnie

Yes I did start on road kings some time ago and did a fair bit of work on the playfield on worn areas and uneven inserts, it will never be perfect (in my hands) but looks much better. it's all the little rusty bits that make me shy away! and of course mid way ST25 came along! I think DW will be more involved but more straight forward if that makes sense? i.e no damage on playfield or rust etc.

Ronnie

It sounds like it's time to invest in a tumbler...! :cool:

Oh I have a tumbler, essential item for pin bits, it's the lamp holders and the odd bit of rust on bigger metal parts underside that grind my bones:eek:

Back
Top Bottom