What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Shots Do You Loathe Missing ?

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
I hate missing shots that give you double the normal value after you have rolled down an in-lane.
For example the two bear kicks shot on Addams Family or the two laps shot on Banzai Run.

I don't know why but it really boils my pi55 when I miss those.

Shooting the spinner for monster fish on FT. Soooooooo fricking annoying when it times out. Or when you've started rock the boat mode and you can't hit a frickin boat ramp shot despite nailing it all game!!

Shooting the spinner for monster fish on FT. Soooooooo fricking annoying when it times out. Or when you've started rock the boat mode and you can't hit a frickin boat ramp shot despite nailing it all game!!

Monster fish for sure! I can hit that bloody shot everytime during regular play but when monster fish is on I can't hit it to save my life. :mad:

The one on pinbot. Hit it first time and the visor opens up. Miss it, you have to hit loads of stuff to get to the same position

Bear kick ramp to chair scoop on TAF. Can happily hit the scoop on the fly after the ramp return time after time but then sometimes it just deserts me and I'll brick the chair constantly :mad: This is especially annoying if Tour is lit :rolleyes:

The current one that ****es me off is the ramp on Avatar. Looks a reasonably simple shot but I just can't find it :mad: Partial ramps shots are a SDTM drain and bricking the posts either side results in the ball coming back at you at warp factor 10!!

T2 superjack, 50 million points down the drain because I missed the target! Grrr :mad:

Bear kick ramp to chair scoop on TAF. Can happily hit the scoop on the fly after the ramp return time after time but then sometimes it just deserts me and I'll brick the chair constantly :mad: This is especially annoying if Tour is lit :rolleyes:

The current one that ****es me off is the ramp on Avatar. Looks a reasonably simple shot but I just can't find it :mad: Partial ramps shots are a SDTM drain and bricking the posts either side results in the ball coming back at you at warp factor 10!!

Ramp on Avatar has a mysterious forcefield for me too. ....or sometimes I can hit it over and over completing the inlane rollovers until a Navi shot is lit on the ramp then I couldn't hit it again if my life depended on it :mad:

completing the inlane rollovers until a Navi shot is lit on the ramp

I keep forgetting about "The Bond" roll overs to light a Navi shot. So far I've just tried to get them all during Navi scoring but hardly manage it. Might have to start a thread on Avatar strategies as I could do with some ideas :)

Bowen has an Avatar video.

Watched it a few times. I like the way he just casually picks off all the jackpots and supers in Ampsuit and Link multiballs :) I'm nowhere near that yet although I notice he did play it quite loose rather than trapping up a lot of the balls...maybe I should try more flailing :D

Clock target on TZ, can hit it 1000 times when not on clock mode but can't get it for anything when you want to, also slot machine, can't hit it to save my life........ in fact most shots on TZ when you want them

Final Draw hole on WCS, my hit rate is probable only 1/10 when aiming for it. I find myself just going for Cities and hoping it will fall in along the way to start multiball. Drained so many times when the World Cup Final is lit :mad:

VECTORSCAN ramp on VECTOR. Should be impossible to miss such a frickin' huge ramp but it plagues me constantly. Especially when I duff up knocking the defender drop-targets down in order so the second row pops up and have to clear them before taking the shot!

So true - I only try for it using the right flipper and bouncing off the TRON bank targets now. It's like playing snooker.
I was staying at a Disney hotel in Florida when this game had only just been released. As it was a Disney produced film this pin was everywhere. I got to play about six different machines whilst I was over there. Not one of them could manage a Gem shot from the upper flipper and they were all practically brand new. Poor design and even worse play testing. Pity as it is a decent machine otherwise.

Heartbeat ramp on BOP when 1B is lit. Bread and butter every other time, but can I get it when it's flashing and heart is thumping!?? Nooooo...

Never had much luck with the jump ramp on No Fear either. Damn thing...
You still got it Andrew? [emoji39]

Tim

Heartbeat ramp on BOP when 1B is lit. Bread and butter every other time, but can I get it when it's flashing and heart is thumping!?? Nooooo...

Never had much luck with the jump ramp on No Fear either. Damn thing...
You still got it Andrew? [emoji39]

Tim
Howdy Tim. :wave:

No, I sold it some time ago. Just one of those games I never bonded with. Same with Black Rose and early indications are my WCS 94 will be the same.

Andrew.

Back
Top Bottom