What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Mobile Phone ?

DRD

Registered
Does anyone on here know about mobile phones pls ?

Time for a new one unfortunately. I currently have a blackberry priv running Android.

I am not bothered about android v apple

Key things for me are

• Does Not have to be the latest/ sexiest model
  • Long battery
  • Fairly big screen for browsing
  • Good for internet browsing
Not bothered about gaming/ high quality camera. Don't trust huawei

Thank you n

If you don't need Apple for your workflow, basically your choices are pretty much limitless - with the only limiting factor being budget.

Not a particularly helpful response, but your requirements are too broad :)

A budget and whether you want brand new, refurb or used would be helpful.

I went for a secondhand iPhone 7plus with 128gb not looked back great phone

Depends what you want to spend. Just bought myself about 3 months ago a used Samsung Galaxy S7 from CEX for £265 - slightly older model but runs great. I had an S6 beforehand.

Motorola Moto G6 comes out 'Best Buy/value' in a lot on comparison articles. I've got the G5 and it has been great, not that expensive either. As others have said there are literally 100's of phones to choose from to suit your budget.

I moved away from the Android camp to Apple a few years back and haven't looked back, now on the annual upgrade scheme. When i first moved over I had the Iphone 6S Plus which was a damn good phone and can be got cheap s/h

I just moved from Apple to Android. Left Apple as they are too expensive and just don't innovate anymore.

Bought a OnePlus 6T. First phone with a finger print scanner under the screen. Also is USB C and supports fast charge.
Less than half the price of the equivalent iPhone.

Only bad thing about moving between iOS and Android is WhatsApp. It's complicated..........

I've had an iphone since the 3g (which was actually the iphone 2), also had 4, 5, 6, 7 and currently have an 8. The iphone 6 is a great phone, 7 and 8 are very similar with higher spec (also 7 was fully waterproof and 8 added wireless charging). You should be able to pick up a decent used 6 for around £80 (edit -probably a bit optimistic, just tried to buy one for work you can only get cracked/faulty ones for that price unless you're lucky), or pay a bit more for a 6s won't be obsolete as fast.

The missus has an X, I've not felt the need to strecth my budget to get one and not sure I like the increased size.

Last edited:
I love Google Nexus phones. Yes they stopped making them a while ago but I've just bought a 'good as new' Nexus 5x for £100. Still does everything any new phone can do.

Apple make great kit but have a tendancy to lock you in given that they work very hard to only integrate with themselves. Having said that, the new iPhone X has the best camera i've ever seen in a smartphone.

Have had the Samsung S6 and S7 are both are solid phones, big screens, long battery, fast charging, great cameras. Can't go wrong.

Me and other half just moved from iPhone 6 to iPhone XR and are very happy, love the wireless charging and great battery life.

I got a Xiamoi Mi Max 2 - though its quite a large screen. (And if you dont trust huawei maybe you wont want one of these either).
However - if I take it off charge Friday morning - it will still have around 20% left Sunday evening !

(And Im super happy with it :) )

Around £180

Samsung, you can plug it into vr headset pretty darn cool if you ask me, very happy with my edge 7.

3 network giving them away with 24 month contract and pretty competitive pricing.

Moto G6 plus here, but would be perfectly happy with the G6 play which my girlfriend has. I used to change phones every year for the latest/ best but got out of that race, it's a mugs game.

Back
Top Bottom