What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where have all the 90's pins gone?

I can well imagine how a game like LOTR would never make money stuck in a bar. There was one in a rugby club last year and the owner said that nobody played it.

Put that baby in the mancave though and it's going to keep you entertained indefinitely.
Mine lasted less than 3 months before I got bored with it, having completed Valinor multiple times.
I don't understand where the myth of Valinor being unobtanium has come from, so many deeper and better games around - not just the newer ones.

I'd traded it for Stern PotC, biggest mistake of my pinball swapping, and the one I regret the most.

Wish I could get close to Valinor just once!
Rules aside, I love LOTR for the sounds and animations, (real actor callouts are pretty rare nowadays), I find it a joy to play despite the long games and repetitiveness.

Rules aside, I love LOTR for the sounds and animations, (real actor callouts are pretty rare nowadays), I find it a joy to play despite the long games and repetitiveness.
Just had a few games and it kicked my backside, love the multiballs and callouts.

Mine lasted less than 3 months before I got bored with it, having completed Valinor multiple times.
I don't understand where the myth of Valinor being unobtanium has come from, so many deeper and better games around - not just the newer ones.

I'd traded it for Stern PotC, biggest mistake of my pinball swapping, and the one I regret the most.

Ahhh, clearly you're cursed with skill and ability.

One of the benefits of being totally sh1te is that even the simplest of games are a constant challenge and learning experience.

I got to it at Pinburgh last year. Had never played much of LOTR maybe two or three games. I asked the players I was playing with what their strategy was and none of them had a clue about the game. So I just start playing. Then I get to Valinor and they are all like WTF?! We were the second last round to submit our scores I think.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ahhh, clearly you're cursed with skill and ability.

One of the benefits of being totally sh1te is that even the simplest of games are a constant challenge and learning experience.

That’s why setting the games up to challenge your way of playing is important in my view. Had a guy in the club today going on about how hard our TZ was - I asked him what his best score on his easy one was and how often he beats it.... not that high and not that often.

That’s why setting the games up to challenge your way of playing is important in my view. Had a guy in the club today going on about how hard our TZ was - I asked him what his best score on his easy one was and how often he beats it.... not that high and not that often.

That's very true. In some regards it's no different to any other sport, you learn very little by thrashing your opponent.

LOTR is a great game. cappCan be a bit of a grind to complete all the modes but it’s got loads to do on it. Horses for courses I guess but mine is unlikely to ever leave.

Busy day for 90’s pins, like buses :D.

Doctor who, world cup soccer, cirqus voltaire,indy 500, no fear, twilight zone, addams family so far..
That WCS looks okay, be interesting to see what it goes for.

the guy selling the indy looks like he's dumping a load of stuff. probably divorce!

Yeah - I assume the same guy, but he started telling me it was too hard when I had a go on it - said he has it set for 5 balls at home.

As it was my first go on it, I didn't really have a clue, but looking forward to playing it a few more times in the future down there. :)

the guy selling the indy looks like he's dumping a load of stuff. probably divorce!

Nah! When I got divorced I went from the 4 pins to 7-8 quickly, in the 5 years or so since I parted with the loon, now 10 pins, 3 sit down twin drivers and a table top video, the shed build starts next month woo hoo 😊

Nah! When I got divorced I went from the 4 pins to 7-8 quickly, in the 5 years or so since I parted with the loon, now 10 pins, 3 sit down twin drivers and a table top video, the shed build starts next month woo hoo [emoji4]

Depends on the financial situation and who gets what though. I have two games (three though but sold ST:DE) that I got on the super cheap because one; I had cash and two; they where getting divorced!

Good luck with the shed build if you need any advice on what I did let me know.

My bro’s dream house that he‘s nearly finished and worth a few mil has got to be sold because his ‘loon’ told him to do one and is driving him nuts.
I told my wife don’t even think about it I’ve got a van and know a pig farmer😂

Apologies for the off topic, but here goes anyway...

Got advised by a solicitor friend of the best divorce lawyer in England, used her, had to give ‘the loon’ enough to but a house and the flat abroad, but she didn’t get...

My house
My cars
My pins
My pension
My business
The 4K/month she asked for

Always good when the judge tells her solicitor to ‘shut up and sit down, as I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous’ I went out for a curry that night! 😊

But multiple loons, that’s akin to self harming 🤣

Chris.

Wives and hoes aside, there's been a miraculous turn around in the amount of 90's pins going up for sale since I started this topic.

Although I'm sure @Neil McRae will continue flushing money down the drain on crap 'copy & paste' Stern titles. LOL!

There's been a miraculous turn around in the amount of 90's pins going up for sale since I started this topic.

I'd say that you're totally responsible for the upturn in available pins.

I fear without your thread we'd just be hopelessly scrolling down an empty ebay page. Quite frankly it's been the the kick up the bum many needed to get listing.

Back
Top Bottom