What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your arcade game memories?

Born mid 70's. All holidays were British seaside towns like Great Yarmouth and Skeggy, and most of my time was spent in the arcades. Galaga, Wonderboy, Defender, were all faves, then as time went on, Outrun and Afterburner as well as the crazy 360 degree G-loc cab, great fun.
Also had a local bus station that had a few arcade cabs, mainly shoot em ups, but also Nintendo 10 game cab. My local video shop also had a cab that they changed quite regularly, remember completing Mercs on 1 credit in front of a crowd. Felt like a rock star.

Born in '73 my first arcade memory was playing Breakout in a very quiet remote pub somewhere in the Yorkshire Moors on a rainy day. After that my memories are of occasionally getting to play the arcade machines in service stations on the motorway, usually on school trips during the toilet stop. Standout games were Outrun, Chase HQ and Gauntlet. Then later on in the 90's we used to play a lot of arcade machines in the Amusement Arcades before hitting the pubs and nightclubs. Standout games were Mortal Kombat 2, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Killer Instinct.

Nowadays I make video games for a living. I have an MVS Neo Geo as well as an MKII (that one's currently waiting on renovations in the mancave). Very keen to put a Killer Instinct next to those eventually.

Back
Top Bottom