What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the hardest game technically?

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
10 Years
For me it's BSD Dracula hands down, nothing comes close IMO, bounce of centre targets SDTM, failed left ramp shot rollback SDTM, LHS ball drain off slings, straight from RHS ball kick-out SDTM, off the pops SDTM, fast as hell with shorter than std flippers, this game is serious punishment and should be played first to hone your skills before switching the others on.

Anything else give this machine a run for the money?, nothing I've played I know that much.

That means almost anything that's pre DMD for starters...

Modern DMD game wise:
BSD
FT
CFTBL (if you don't know how to play it).
IM

JM is arguably the fastest machine out there but that does not make it the hardest to keep the ball in play, any other games with short flippers?, it really changes the challenge no end esp if the tilt is tight, Creech is also a pig but not fast.

Any game where a where the ball has a smaller area to play with is going to be harder.

BOP is a prime example of being 'deep in the doodar' if you are flailing about.

F14 Tomcat is one of the hardest ever. It's so unpredictable, even the pro's like Andy Foster (who incidentally loves the game) can have really bad games on an F14

I think Elvis is the most difficult I own. 1200+ plays by me personally and I have only got to Graceland twice, and not completed all the rooms on either occasion.

hardest game I ever played was blackwater 100, plunger was naff, so couldnt get the ball to the top of the starting lane at top of the playfield. first time I walked away from a game with a ball in the shooter lane!

but I think I'll go with F14, its brutal. Damn you yakov!

Don't forget that Black Rose also has lightning flippers.

My vote is for F14 and Iron Man, 2 of my favourites

I had BSD next to IM, both factory settings. Not even close in that whilst BSD is hard, IM is way harder!

Yours might, most of them don't.

I've had 3 Black Rose's, they have all had lightning flippers, also played a few others with lightning flippers.

Allegedly, only FT was supposed to have them, then they used up the spare stock left over from FT on BSD.

FT wasn't supposed to have lightning flippers, Mark Ritchie didn't design it to have lightning flippers, a lot of them did end up shipping with lightning flippers though due to the major French operators requesting them. This is the same for BR, a lot shipped with lightning flippers

Personally I find both Avatar and BBH total drain monsters. BSD is brutal, only about 1 in 10 games is any fun.

I have 2 BSD, they both play very different, you can have a reasonable game on one, the other will leave you scratching your head wondering what just happened :D

Keeps you coming back for more punishment.
Cracking game BSD, my latest one plays just right. Just as you are as low as you can be after numerous bad games you get that stacked multiple going.
Cruel game but one of my top five pins.

Will be parting with one soon if anyone wants some punishment (will be the easier of the two though so a nice introduction)

Back
Top Bottom