What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the current game of the moment ?

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
Was driving to work this morning and was thinking whats the game everyone is talking about/wants ?
A while ago it was wh20 then Dracula, whats the must have one now ?????????????

Going from the number going through eBay and the price it still commands despite the high churn and high number actually made in the first place I'd say Addams Family is the one everyone wants. Its not my first choice, but I'd definitely have one.

From stuff still available NIB I AC/DC premium seems a big hit. I'd definitely not say no if I won the lottery :)

I'm hankering after a CV at the moment. One came up on the Yahoo group recently but I couldn't work out how to make contact and missed it!

Gilligan’s Island always, hard to tell from my perspective TBO but T2 gets a lot of interest, TAF seems popular but what's new, nothing jumps out, seems the WH20 boom has faded with 30 day ebay listing tempting no one even though it's pricey for condition, never saw the BSD boom, was there one? not from where I am standing, was always simmering away.

Last edited:
If we're talking falour of the month, I guess it was STTNG until recently maybe. Price seemed to jump up and a lot still sold.

TZ seems to be going up at the moment so maybe thats next. (edit: Then again its always been popular anyway so maybe its just Xmas season price interferance)

I'm after a Flash Gordon or Eight Ball Deluxe but I don't think they're flavour of the month. Don't think there's any game going through a major boom at the moment, not like WH2O and BSD did. The amount of TAF's up for sale at the moment is just because it's Christmas...they all come out of the woodwork :) I am surprised at the money STTNG is going for now though, it's a good game but......

I'm hankering after a CV at the moment. One came up on the Yahoo group recently but I couldn't work out how to make contact and missed it!
Me too. Can't work out why though.... Maybe it's just so i can knock the crap out that 'ring' master bloke. It's definitely not for the amazing Rooney, that's for sure. How much did they want - didn't see the CV on Yahoo?

And there was an Addam's Family just 10miles up the road from me on ebay last week (Bishopthorpe, York). I offered him 50% of the eBay asking price (£2k, not the £3999 they wanted) as an option if he really needed it gone before Christmas. He declined & the auction ended on schedule with no one 'buying it now'. Cheeky of me? Perhaps. But £4k is silly. Luckily i went to a friend's house in Bristol on Monday evening to help him fix his Addam's, which was successful (felt proud!), so i got to scratch my TAF itch there instead. It needed some maintenance, new roms & money spending on it, but it was fun all the same - he's not a collector, just has this machine. I'd forgotten how annoying the lack of a ball save can be, and The Power is just a proper twat sometimes.

Last edited:
Good choice there Chris with 8BD and Flash Gordon. I must admit after playing the Flash Gordon at Swavesey, I was rather taken by it. Great looking pin too

It's last action hero and Congo those are the two for the smart investment for 2014, remember you heard it first ;)

What actually constitutes game of the moment? I remember the WH20 popularity gain, creeping of prices at a greater rate than some similar titles (FT springs to mind), there was/is an apparent boom in STTNG prices which indicates a long overdue correction but does that make it game of the moment? (although it is fair to say a lot are changing hands), let's go with Congo which may indeed be the next big thing or the apparent BSD boom which from where I am standing never occurred, BSD and Congo’s are rarely available, only a couple of these titles are made available each year as a ballpark, this means neither of these games will be shifted in any numbers any time soon, how does that constitute a boom or game of the moment?, would it not be fair to say that the game of the moment is always the latest release or pending release, this is the machine which has ultimate focus and this is the title which will be changing hands the most due to interest and availability? just a thought or is availbility not a factor just demand in which case MM has been game of the moment for the last 6 years.

Or maybe game of the moment trends come from Pinside info in which case can we apply US trends to the UK, probably not due to title availability.

Maybe we need some guidelines :confused:.

Last edited:
What actually constitutes game of the moment? I remember the WH20 popularity gain, creeping of prices at a greater rate than some similar titles (FT springs to mind), there was/is an apparent boom in STTNG prices which indicates a long overdue correction but does that make it game of the moment? (although it is fair to say a lot are changing hands), let's go with Congo which may indeed be the next big thing or the apparent BSD boom which from where I am standing never occurred, BSD and Congo’s are rarely available, only a couple of these titles are made available each year as a ballpark, this means neither of these games will be shifted in any numbers any time soon, how does that constitute a boom or game of the moment?, would it not be fair to say that the game of the moment is always the latest release or pending release, this is the machine which has ultimate focus and this is the title which will be changing hands the most due to interest and availability? just a thought or is availbility not a factor just demand in which case MM has been game of the moment for the last 6 years.

Or maybe game of the moment trends come from Pinside info in which case can we apply US trends to the UK, probably not due to title availability.

Maybe we need some guidelines :confused:.

Yeah - interesting.

I agree that that game of the moment tends to always be the latest Stern/JJP ...so right now Star Trek has everyones attention .

But then back in the real world where most of us don't buy NIB :rolleyes: I think it seems to be a case of people suddenly focusing on what has always been a good solid B list game ( whatever that means but it serves a purpose here) and discussions spring up on forums like this about rules/mods/how much fun it is etc etc etc and before you know it people are re examining titles that perhaps they had overlooked in the past. And its an added bonus if the prices are relatively low compared to the big hitter titles.

Good example is Johnny Mnemonic - I remember back around the Pins Anon days mid 2000s nobody seemed that bothered about the game, and yet there seemed to be a surge of interest on it in the last couple years with people scrabbling to get one when they came up. People suddenly talking about how it is the fastest game evr etc etc.

Pinball is like any other interest, we all like to get excited and caught up in the hype and fervour for something now and again, and if you see and hear other people going on about it you can't help but be drawn in.

Me too. Can't work out why though.... Maybe it's just so i can knock the crap out that 'ring' master bloke. It's definitely not for the amazing Rooney, that's for sure. How much did they want - didn't see the CV on Yahoo?

And there was an Addam's Family just 10miles up the road from me on ebay last week (Bishopthorpe, York). I offered him 50% of the eBay asking price (£2k, not the £3999 they wanted) as an option if he really needed it gone before Christmas. He declined & the auction ended on schedule with no one 'buying it now'. Cheeky of me? Perhaps. But £4k is silly. Luckily i went to a friend's house in Bristol on Monday evening to help him fix his Addam's, which was successful (felt proud!), so i got to scratch my TAF itch there instead. It needed some maintenance, new roms & money spending on it, but it was fun all the same - he's not a collector, just has this machine. I'd forgotten how annoying the lack of a ball save can be, and The Power is just a proper twat sometimes.

I ended up getting the CV from the Yahoo Group. Love the game so was very happy when this one came up....they don't go up for sale that often.

Maybe Flintstones would be a good contender for a future GOTM, still reasonably priced, great fun game which is way better that some other titles higher up the leader board and not exactly rare so a glut of listings could be possible if the market value went the right way, maybe I should start hyping a few machines I will be trying to offload in about 6 months ;)

Jurassic Park is going to be the next big one. I say this because I want one. And every time I start actively searching for a particular game the popularity (and therefore price of course) seems to rocket.

Mark my words chaps. DE JP will be the next GOTM.
ps. I love abbreviations.

World cup coming up again... WCS94 resurgence time possibly... gameplay beats American voiceover
Many dmd machines currently seem to go for less than a grand, so it's dependant on who is selling ;-)

i can't understand why anyone is down on WCS, it's a top 10 machine for me. ok, so the announcer is American and says 'out of bounds' instead of 'it's a throw in', and apparently to some people the dog striker is annoying, and to some other people the colour is annoying, but i have nothing but praise for it. excellent gameplay and flow, fun sounds and callouts, two magnets, a physical lock, rollovers, a wizard mode that is attainable (cup final vs Germany), ace dots, distinctive colour cab, and one of the most satisfying yet easy shots in the big goal. also relatively cheap. there's not many games you can say all that lot about.

i can't understand why anyone is down on WCS, it's a top 10 machine for me. ok, so the announcer is American and says 'out of bounds' instead of 'it's a throw in', and apparently to some people the dog striker is annoying, and to some other people the colour is annoying, but i have nothing but praise for it. excellent gameplay and flow, fun sounds and callouts, two magnets, a physical lock, rollovers, a wizard mode that is attainable (cup final vs Germany), ace dots, distinctive colour cab, and one of the most satisfying yet easy shots in the big goal. also relatively cheap. there's not many games you can say all that lot about.

I quite like it to and I detest football

It's associated with football, never the twain shall meet.

Not a football fan at all but enjoy WCS. Think it's one of the best games for kids as the goal shot is so obvious and enjoyable for them. Pricewise it's also got to be one of the best value pins left out there

Back
Top Bottom