What's new

What would be a good project pin to get involved with ?

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

I would like to get stuck into a bit of a project as I have done everything I can do to my 2 pins and miss getting the tools out, my R2 is almost complete so I need something to keep me busy.
So I was thinking about getting a new cab and starting from there, would like to go for a pin where many parts are available and would have a good end value as the cost of all these nice new parts looks like it will be same sort of cost as a new one.
So would Adams Family be a good choice ? I have seen full plastic sets and many others parts for sale, I see there is guy in Germany who can sort out the play field, if I was going to do it I would want to get it as mint as possible starting with a new manny cab and this would keep me busy while waiting for a pin to come up at the right price.

Many Thanks

Robert

Yes TAF is the perfect choice for a project, the value has been steadily increasing and will keep going up. Wouldn't mind owning a mint refurb myself one day.

I believe there are most parts available as I looked into this myself, the problem is finding a starter one at reasonable money!

Manny has s lovely TZ twilight zone can that he's looking to shift, it would help him out, and I'm sure you could do a deal with him for some of his "shiny" other stuff?
That would really be worth a small fortune when done?

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262363761275

CLEARANCE SALE! Twilight Blue Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Cab & Backbox WoW

I'm pretty sure most parts are available for TZ

To do a full refurb job, you want to do it on a valuable title. These things ate like cars. You can spend all the money you want on a hillman imp, get it the best paint job in the world. You will never recover your money. Whereas you would recover your money on an e-type.

TAF looks a prime candidate to me. CV, MM, SS even ? TZ is horribly complex

I did see the TZ cab on ebay, but that game does not really do anything for me or I would have it as I see on that post he also said he is winding the pinball thing down, so does that mean he is not going to make any more ?
I did see a post that some other options were available for cabs ?
I do like TAF, I know its not the same but I play it on on the daughters xbox along with SS which I like very much, so would like it to be one of those, but not sure whats available for SS where TAF I see all sorts including nice new ramps and plastics.
I know what you mean about the cars, I put a shed load of cash into my M6 and I expect its worth around half of that.
Many Thanks

With 2 part wood filler and competent joinery you can repair most cabs to look like new. Look at @carl lawrence 's fish tales log, or my one on funhouse

Based on my bitter experience, I would probably never repair a cab that requires paint other than black though.

SS parts availability is very good, it is part of the reason why I bought mine.

Funhouse parts availability is truly excellent (even playfields), again it was part of the reason why I bought mine - but I am not convinced about resale values for funhouses. I think the lack if a dmd cripples its value, I actually prefer plasma alpha numeric displays but I know I am in a tiny minority. You do see some silly prices quoted for funhouses, but you also see some going for just over a grand on eBay.

I did see the TZ cab on ebay, but that game does not really do anything for me or I would have it as I see on that post he also said he is winding the pinball thing down, so does that mean he is not going to make any more ?
I did see a post that some other options were available for cabs ?
I do like TAF, I know its not the same but I play it on on the daughters xbox along with SS which I like very much, so would like it to be one of those, but not sure whats available for SS where TAF I see all sorts including nice new ramps and plastics.
I know what you mean about the cars, I put a shed load of cash into my M6 and I expect its worth around half of that.
Many Thanks

Have you ever played a real tz tho? Because the digital one is crap and doesn't play right

Do it because you want too !
Not to make money ,that's always a Brucie bonus :D

And sometimes you have to say " are what the hell " and just do it :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom