What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would be a good project pin to get involved with ?

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

I would like to get stuck into a bit of a project as I have done everything I can do to my 2 pins and miss getting the tools out, my R2 is almost complete so I need something to keep me busy.
So I was thinking about getting a new cab and starting from there, would like to go for a pin where many parts are available and would have a good end value as the cost of all these nice new parts looks like it will be same sort of cost as a new one.
So would Adams Family be a good choice ? I have seen full plastic sets and many others parts for sale, I see there is guy in Germany who can sort out the play field, if I was going to do it I would want to get it as mint as possible starting with a new manny cab and this would keep me busy while waiting for a pin to come up at the right price.

Many Thanks

Robert

Yes TAF is the perfect choice for a project, the value has been steadily increasing and will keep going up. Wouldn't mind owning a mint refurb myself one day.

I believe there are most parts available as I looked into this myself, the problem is finding a starter one at reasonable money!

Manny has s lovely TZ twilight zone can that he's looking to shift, it would help him out, and I'm sure you could do a deal with him for some of his "shiny" other stuff?
That would really be worth a small fortune when done?

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262363761275

CLEARANCE SALE! Twilight Blue Twilight Zone Pinball Machine Cab & Backbox WoW

I'm pretty sure most parts are available for TZ

To do a full refurb job, you want to do it on a valuable title. These things ate like cars. You can spend all the money you want on a hillman imp, get it the best paint job in the world. You will never recover your money. Whereas you would recover your money on an e-type.

TAF looks a prime candidate to me. CV, MM, SS even ? TZ is horribly complex

I did see the TZ cab on ebay, but that game does not really do anything for me or I would have it as I see on that post he also said he is winding the pinball thing down, so does that mean he is not going to make any more ?
I did see a post that some other options were available for cabs ?
I do like TAF, I know its not the same but I play it on on the daughters xbox along with SS which I like very much, so would like it to be one of those, but not sure whats available for SS where TAF I see all sorts including nice new ramps and plastics.
I know what you mean about the cars, I put a shed load of cash into my M6 and I expect its worth around half of that.
Many Thanks

With 2 part wood filler and competent joinery you can repair most cabs to look like new. Look at @carl lawrence 's fish tales log, or my one on funhouse

Based on my bitter experience, I would probably never repair a cab that requires paint other than black though.

SS parts availability is very good, it is part of the reason why I bought mine.

Funhouse parts availability is truly excellent (even playfields), again it was part of the reason why I bought mine - but I am not convinced about resale values for funhouses. I think the lack if a dmd cripples its value, I actually prefer plasma alpha numeric displays but I know I am in a tiny minority. You do see some silly prices quoted for funhouses, but you also see some going for just over a grand on eBay.

I did see the TZ cab on ebay, but that game does not really do anything for me or I would have it as I see on that post he also said he is winding the pinball thing down, so does that mean he is not going to make any more ?
I did see a post that some other options were available for cabs ?
I do like TAF, I know its not the same but I play it on on the daughters xbox along with SS which I like very much, so would like it to be one of those, but not sure whats available for SS where TAF I see all sorts including nice new ramps and plastics.
I know what you mean about the cars, I put a shed load of cash into my M6 and I expect its worth around half of that.
Many Thanks

Have you ever played a real tz tho? Because the digital one is crap and doesn't play right

Do it because you want too !
Not to make money ,that's always a Brucie bonus :D

And sometimes you have to say " are what the hell " and just do it :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom