What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what size Circuit Breaker to use

peanut

Registered
hi all i have 1 pinball machine fitted in my shed ( but have room for another)
when i switch on my pinball 50/50 chance it trips my circuit breaker
the circuit breaker is rated at 16 amp is this to small can i safely fit a higher rated one and if so what do you recommend
it will be covering 2 pinballs and a fruit machine and a pc based arcade machine the 16 amp only blows when switching on the pinball

What is the name of the pinball machine? Certain games (Bally or Williams System 11) do tend to trip circuit breakers on switch on due to a heavy current surge.

16amp is definetly large enough but if initial surge is the problem it may be worth trying a type C MCB as apposed to the standard type B normally fitted. Type C is more resistant to surges, type D even more so. These are normally used for welding machines, xray machines and other equipment with a high initial surge.

thank you i did not want to over do it

mine is a type b pinball machine is a sega twister

I've a type C for my bandsaw in the garage - that used to trip everything out whenever I turned it on when it was on a type B.

type c 16 amp fitted nearly 2 weeks now and so far not tripped out you thanks for your help

from my experience data east,Sega and stern seem to have higher initial inrush current,hence,where possible at shows they are put on 32a circuits.with regards your shed 2 pins,gaming machine and fruity would pull about 8 amps or so.so even if your cable is inly 2.5mm all should be fine.i hope your shed has a dehumidifier in too

Back
Top Bottom